Shot placement video

scott44

5 year old buck +
Pretty good view of what a deer's kill zone looks like the only thing is I think he over pressurizes the lungs but a good look at what a real deer looks like. He really doesn't talk about where the best kill shot is either, maybe wanted you to go to his seminar or was edited out.

Last edited:
That is interesting. I would guess you are correct on the over inflation as well. I never really thought the lungs went that far forward in an actual deer, makes me wonder even more now how the buck I thought I arrowed too far forward was able to survive!

One of the few people in the world I would argue deer anatomy with. Every one of my mounts goes on Brian johnsons deer forms. He knows his stuff #respect

That is a crazy cool video. That guy is sharp!

I have never once believed there was a dead zone in a deer.

So people that think that,,,, do you have a dead zone in your body? I am pretty sure I dont have gaps in my innards due to gravity.

Great video

I have never once believed there was a dead zone in a deer.

So people that think that,,,, do you have a dead zone in your body? I am pretty sure I dont have gaps in my innards due to gravity.

Great video

I did think there was. Never looked at a deer as close as some have. Really hit home when I split that buck open in sept!

I now know, there is no dead zone!