Shipping LTL (less than load) items

JFK52

5 year old buck +
I sold a tree planter and had to ship it to New York state from central WI. I used Fastenal and had a great experience. There quote was the lowest by $250 over the one I got from uship.com. I was in constant email contact with a person in the main Fastenal office that handles 3PL shipping. He answered all my questions. I had a lot of them as it was the first time I ever did this type of shipping. I built a custom pallet and shipping box for the planter. I secured the planter inside the box with a stout rope and a block system that locked it in place. I had to haul the entire shipping box on a pallet in my utility trailer to the nearest Fastenal office in Waupaca WI where it was unloaded by a forklift. I was told it would take 7 to 10 days to reach New York state. It got there in four days. I was able to find out when it arrived and when it was picked up from the same fellow in the main office. Cost was $215 for an item that weighed about 475 to 500 pounds. It was explained to me that Fastenal delivers product to it's stores every day. On the return trip, there trucks are running empty. So they started this business in the hopes of getting something on the trucks on their return trip to at least pay for the cost of diesel and maybe make a few dollars.
If you have to ship a less than load item (LTL), do yourself a favor and check out Fastenal. My experience with them was positive and I would recommend them. I would use them again without hesitation for a LTL item.

Glad it worked out for you