Sandbox Walk-about

foggy

5 year old buck +
OK....so Sandbur and I did a walk-about on his land....and he moved a few trees today. We both kinda wondered what is this plant?? See several of them on his land and mine.....and the deer seem to nip the long slender what 2.jpg leaves. What is it?

what about that green/ purple, reddish stuff around it?

It was about the only green thing in the woods and was growing on a ridge top above a gravel hill. It also grows along the wetter edges. I enjoyed the day, Tom.

Definitely appears to be some kind of sedge. Pennsylvania sedge maybe? Penn sedge is the dominant species of sedge in our neck of the woods for sure.

Yeah, the individual leaves did look quite wide compared to our Penn sedge leaves, but pretty sure it is a sedge of some kind.

I have something that looks the same in my clover trails. I thought maybe it was some kind of fescue.

I have something that looks the same in my clover trails. I thought maybe it was some kind of fescue.
Remember, "Sedges have edges, rushes are round, and grasses have joints- except when the cops are around."

What about that broadleaf, I have a ton of that. I wanna know if it's good or not

Could be Yellow Nutsedge. It is in Arts area. We don't have any my way thank god!

This was on the land in Cass County. North of Brainerd.