All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rye seed

Nova

5 year old buck +
Anyone get winter rye seed in MN yet this fall? What is the going rate for a bushel?

I just picked up 5 bags last week. I didn't ask how much it was but they did say the price went up. This was for VNS Winter Rye. They also said their growers had a tough year and some varieties were not available yet and maybe not at all this year.( I wanted a specific winter barley) I think it was only $15 /50# I order my seed through a local co-op that deals for Albert Lea Seed.

I just paid $12 a bushell, which is higher than normal, but that seems to be how it is. They just got the shipment in today and it's about 2 weeks late.

~$14/bag in Elk River.
My usual coop didn't have any. The wet spring left a lot of fields unplanted this spring and the demand for cover crops is way up this year.