Rut activity

Hoytvectrix

5 year old buck +
On some public land in MN I saw a buck two nights ago locked down with a doe. He was fighting off a few other smaller bucks and keeping her corralled.

At our MO farm, we have been getting very few photos of bucks the last few nights. There are definitely some does getting bred.

Are you all seeing the same?

We saw some chasing yesterday at 5pm on a very warm day. Gives me hope for this weekend.

I think we are just starting the chasing phase here. Scrapes picked up big time over the last week, and I have been witnessing chasing. But, the does breeding cycle is like a bell curve, so I bet some of the earlier ones here may be ready. Our main lockdown will be around November 12 - 15 if this is a normal year.

Chasing has been happening here (north central PA) but no lock down yet. Got video of a shooter chasing 2 nights ago. My dad has seen lots of different bucks cruising this week. Too bad it's going to be in the mid 70s the next several days...still going to be out at least we won't be cold...

Scrapes opening up here in South Dakota.

a20436750d97916c137ff5ae5e48ea1e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I witnessed the same 12 pointer chasing does on October 15th and both sits on the 16th. Several years back I was bowhunting early September. A 2.5 year old buck was chasing does and grunting. It got dark and I got down. He ran the doe back around towards me. The buck was grunting on his way back. He stopped and watched me walk past him at 15 yards. He then went back to chasing after the doe.

Central MN - Seeing pretty decent activity in #'s on cam. Earlier in the week a couple OK bucks swung through but haven't seen much for consistent 2+ yo bucks on cam the last couple days. That doesn't mean much because there was only 1 or 2 MAYBE 3 YOs all fall thus far on my 40.

The one 3+ YO buck (this one is 4+ i think) at the northern MN property was on cam every day a week ago has been MIA for about 5 days now.

Had a great sit this morning. Watched a mature 10 pointer run off several smaller bucks over a doe he had pinned down in the switchgrass adjacent to my food plot, got to watch him off and on for about 20 minutes. They were probably 150 yards away.
Had a 3 year old 8 pointer come into my water hole (he eventually got ran off by the big boy too).
Total I counted 10 bucks today, although some may have been repeats. They were definitely out cruising this morning.
ETA: Southeast MN. Our gun season starts tomorrow, what a damn shame.

Southeast Kansas I drove from Fort Scott KS to Springfield Mo Thursday there where several dead bucks along the road. Today I had a surveyor mark the north line of the new farm and found a dead buck in the creek bed small fork horn. I suspect he got hit on the highway and made it to creek before expiring. So they are chasing pretty heavily

Definitely seems like the action has been slower than normal for me in Wisconsin. Very warm temps the last week I think slowed movement as I didn’t see the chasing and cruising like we usually do. But this cold front is helping now

My trail cameras have slowed down. Just started my rutcation unfortunately gonna have alot of warm weather for the next week

Last night was on fire. 4, 5 or 6 bucks running does. Passed on this guy. He is mature but busted and may put on some inches next year IF he makes it
0B9EC971-EF2B-4888-9825-A3E2CA382118.jpeg