RR Alfalfa

BobinCt

5 year old buck +
Does anyone know who sells it by the pound? I’m only looking to plant 1acre.

Not my tip. But Big Snow Man mentioned seedranch.com once. I just checked and it shows a per pound price.

Thx Bill

I can’t get in touch with Seed Ranch. I emailed them twice, too. They have a phone number listed?

I can’t get in touch with Seed Ranch. I emailed them twice, too. They have a phone number listed?

Wonder if Monsanto frowned on them selling to folks without a technology agreement...

(850) 733-7777 I believe this is the number at the ranch

Thx. I ordered 20lbs today. They answered.

Thx. I ordered 20lbs today. They answered.
I just looked at their site and I don't see anywhere were it say the alfalfa seed is RR. Is it listed there?

Go to the main page then click on Pasture Seed.

Wonder if Monsanto frowned on them selling to folks without a technology agreement...
Sorry Jack get your credit card out and get some too. I know the little devil sitting on your shoulder wants you to buy some :emoji_smiley:

Sorry Jack get your credit card out and get some too. I know the little devil sitting on your shoulder wants you to buy some :emoji_smiley:

Maybe. Its kinda late to need RR Alfalfa. I used to want some in the worst way. Now I want liberty link alfalfa because RR ain’t doing me any more good than regular seed.

Maybe I should buy some and freeze it until I’ve smoked the RR weeds with liberty. Hmmm.....

Not even tempted. Clover fills that niche in my program nicely and is much less picky to maintain.

Thanks,

Jack

In my honey holes the alfalfa way put performs the clover and seems to be the choice in November.

In my honey holes the alfalfa way put performs the clover and seems to be the choice in November.

We are in very different locations. It is all about having the right crop mix for your situation. Alfalfa may be a good fit for you. For me, clover is much less finicky and performs well at a lower cost and effort. In my location, weeds are not an issue for fall crops but a big competition for warm season annuals. So for me, having a crop/herbicide combo like RR or LL is important for establishing warm season annuals in the spring. After the initial burn down and fall plant with a WR nurse crop, I don't even think about herbicides for at least 5 years with clover.

Thanks,

Jack