Rep. Casey Snider for president

Can't say I agree with you!
How many hunters are against baiting or trail cameras and I can respect their opinion, don't see an issue with crossbows, compound bows, high end optics or ATVs.

Getting rid of trail cams will be a tough sell. I can't support the guy

One tiny pivot and food plots get swept into that as well.

I like trail cameras

It's cracking open the debate of who should get to use what, and everyone is itching to take stuff away from each other. What most certainly won't come from a debate like that is an expansion of opportunity. And maybe one isn't warranted.

I personally love it but opinions are like assholes...and mine is no different. I have no problem with laws being restrictive if it preserves the idea of fair chase.

But who defines what is fair chase?

But who defines what is fair chase?
Me...and you. It’s personal.

Speaking of utah...Had some buddies get drawn for Utah Henrys mountain mule deer hunt which is a phenomenal hunt. Said the amount of trail cams at water holes was disgusting. 6-7 on a single hole. Also said the guides all used ear pieces and a multitude of spotters to walk you into the deer. What a joke. That’s barley counts as hunting.

Trail cameras are not just for deer. We use them to monitor the farms for trespassers, and other activity as well.

Me...and you. It’s personal.

Speaking of utah...Had some buddies get drawn for Utah Henrys mountain mule deer hunt which is a phenomenal hunt. Said the amount of trail cams at water holes was disgusting. 6-7 on a single hole. Also said the guides all used ear pieces and a multitude of spotters to walk you into the deer. What a joke. That’s barley counts as hunting.
I can see where/how trailcams on government land could lead to a lot of issues. Not sure how to deal with that, but making trailcams illegal on private land isn't the way to do it.

I have more fun looking at trail cam pictures than actually hunting. I only have two cameras, one on a licking branch set for video and one for still shots and they aren't cell cams. It's just fun seeing what deer have survived and how much they grow from year to year. Heck, pictures are shared with the neighbor and we have fun comparing pics and will make sure that any big 3 or 4 year old's get a free pass.

I only read a bit and clicked out.

BUT I kinda get his point.

He is hunting Mule Deer not whitetail. And mule deer migrate over vast amounts of land. Like over 50 miles.

My lazy ass whitetail only go about 2.

if put out a corn pile and a camera I’m going to get pics of the same deer. If he puts out bait and a camera he’s going to get different deer at different times of the year as they migrate.

Just adding. No decision if I like his idea or hate it yet. I’m still pondering it....

There's no clean way to legislate away unsportsmanlike behavior without sweeping up a lot of innocent people with it. One place I could see cellular cams and bait piles being a very good thing is helping disabled or elderly folks get in front of a deer, the folks that can't just up and walk to a stand in ten minutes on a whim, or put in 10-30 sits a season. Some day, God willing, we all reach that age where we're so damn old it takes a team of people to help us get a deer. It'd beat the hell outta being a potted plant at the home.

Apple trees are an unfair advantage. I’m going out with a chainsaw and cutting all mine down tomorrow....... wait....can’t do that.....must use a flint axe and wear my Buffalo brief thong......

Living in Florida, not going to lose too much sleep over it... and doubt any state with much of a feral hog problem will go along with it either, as cellular cams are almost a necessity for effective trapping (for the record I haven't used any cell cams... yet).

I just get tired of everyone in this world telling me what the hell I’m supposed to do and not do concerning issues that are only self opinion dictated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just get tired of everyone in this world telling me what the hell I’m supposed to do and not do concerning issues that are only self opinion dictated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately that is how societies function. All laws are opinions to an extent.