Red neck spray insulation

Red Picqua

5 year old buck +
I am anxious to see how this works. Sure seems like a slick idea.

Did you order one? The video says it's available on Ebay?

I can think of some redneck applications for that, no doubt.

not yet.. one will be on the way.. We have all tried to do a wider application of spray foam, but finally a nozzle that looks like it works. Menards will sell those cans for about 2 bucks a piece. I am thinking 30 of them and I might have a spray foam insulated deer blind. Might take a while, but it's totally redneck enough for me.

JUST ORDERED.. BOUGHT 20 OF THEM.

Last edited:
Ok report back when you get that done. You are blocking off a day or two for this project o_O

I like! Compared to some of my attempts with spray foam in a can, this guy is an artist :)

Looks like a great application for a plastic shell blind. Please report how it worked for you Red - I would like to do mine I think.

He didn't even get any on his shirt? What a rookie.

John ... LOL!

I know what it won't stick to ... any flat surface you are applying too over 3/4" wide. It will stick to any body part (hair included) and any piece of clothing with great tenacity ... I just ordered a pack of these nozzles ... :)

I looked at the guns and other devices offered by the spray foam companies and they are all $60-$70 for manual ... and the per can price I believ jumps to $11 each.

I plan on applying to my Guidesman Blind walls this summer ... will hopefully post success stories ... :D

yea.. normally that stuff is everywhere! I will be anxious to see how it works and I looking for some sound deadening and some insulation. I am going to try two passes on some box blinds.

that guy went back and filled in some areas missed. phhh hit it with next round. It's a deer blind not a house.

John ... LOL!

I know what it won't stick to ... any flat surface you are applying too over 3/4" wide. It will stick to any body part (hair included) and any piece of clothing with great tenacity ... I just ordered a pack of these nozzles ... :)

I looked at the guns and other devices offered by the spray foam companies and they are all $60-$70 for manual ... and the per can price I believ jumps to $11 each.

I plan on applying to my Guidesman Blind walls this summer ... will hopefully post success stories ... :D

Or post pictures of the your hair full of foam and your hands coated with more than what's in the blind

Just looked them up on Ebay - less than $9 for 6 nozzles.... Hard to beat that price (free shipping).

I ordered 6 for future use. My menards pentagon blind could use some sound-deadening.

With the Menards 11% rebate and a sale, maybe I can get the foam for less than $2/can? Fun to try anyway.

-John

Even with this nozzle if I tried to coat the entire inside of a blind it would be such of mess. I get it everywhere when I try to use it on small applications.

i agree that it might get everywhere. but i have always said that the foam gets EVERYWHERE because it comes out too darn fast. the tip this guy has allows for more area for a wider coverage. I am very curious to try these out when they come in. I think it might take quite a few cans, but i know menards has this stuff on sale for 2 bucks or less.

So should we email Menards and tell them to stock up on spray foam. There will be several gentlemen in buying it by the skid:)

AHHAHA I am dying to try them out. I watched some other videos and I saw people misting it with water and they said it helps the foam. that was news to me. Anyone else try misting it?

Even with this nozzle if I tried to coat the entire inside of a blind it would be such of mess. I get it everywhere when I try to use it on small applications.

If I send you one of my nozzles, will you have a family member video you trying to use it?

Could be very entertaining.

-John

If I send you one of my nozzles, will you have a family member video you trying to use it?

Could be very entertaining.

-John
No doubt it would be entertaining. Hey somebody's gotta be "that guy" :D

If anyone even has marginal success, I WILL be doing this. I would provide pictures, but won't do a video. If everybody else waits long enough to try it, I will be the foam-covered guinea pig.

My order showed up today.... Pretty simple really. I have high hopes they will work as well as the video showed.

foam nozzle package_resize.jpg

Foam nozzle_resize.jpg

Too bad the elevated blind (on wheels) is too tall to fit into the shop. I'll have to wait until it warms up to give it a try.

-John

AHHAHA I am dying to try them out. I watched some other videos and I saw people misting it with water and they said it helps the foam. that was news to me. Anyone else try misting it?

The only thing I can think of misting it with water would do is cure the foam. Maybe it keeps it from "running down hill"?