recommend grafting book-crab apples

Charman03

5 year old buck +
Can anyone recommend a good guide to grafting book?

Also has anyone had success with crab apples? Would like to get a few crabs, and also have one in my yard that produces nicely, that would be nice to put at my hunting property

Stephen Hayes is fantastic.

X100 to what everyone said. I tried bark/rind grafting this year and had almost 100% success. The only resources I had were from the google machine, stephen hayes videos, and the helpful folks on here. As far as the different types of grafts, I'd say look online or ask around on here to figure out which graft is the best type for your situation (e.g. do you already have trees, or are you trying to bench graft?).

This is the method i'm starting with. All my root stocks are planted where they'll be and waiting for their final gender reassignment.

Crab apples-probably my favorite for eating and for the deer. Probably a bit hardier than some other apples.
Charman-where are you from?

Thanks for the tips guys. I'm from south central Pennsylvania. I'll get my profile updated and try to get up some pictures. I have 5 trees in the ground so far, I'd really like to try and graft some nice trees in my area and possibly this crab in my yard. Also considering buying a few nice crabs, would like to do a fall planting. Is grafting best done in spring?

Currently have Fuji, Macintosh, initial, liberty and gold rush in the ground.

634CE34B-588A-4B65-B900-AD8FADE7BA1E_zps5k6bhxrr.jpg

My Fuji and Macintosh. The initial is to the right of these.

779D0CEE-DBD9-47B5-9F39-A2CEE4DF9163_zps9shyeosa.jpg

This clearing I've planted the liberty and gold rush. I have cleared this out a lot more since the picture and knocked down some trees. It gets pretty good sunlight until later in the day. I also want to add a crab here. Deer already cross through here pretty good, just giving them a better reason.

2E31F360-D9F8-4509-B212-9AB25211F09C_zpsfcbnnwo6.jpg
074A2056-2532-4B61-BCF1-F786B4E989B3_zpssdovrhop.jpg

This is the crab in my yard. Planted by previous owners, around 15 years old. I've never done anything to it, limbs are kinda a mess, produces decent

Welcome Charman ! Where in S.C. Pa. are you located ??

Near Carlisle