Quail

Native Hunter

5 year old buck +
I know from past postings that some of you guys are interested in quail. During gun season this year I had what was apparently a covey that got broke up sometime during the night, trying to get back together about daylight. I made a pretty cool video with my I-phone where you can just begin to see daylight coming and can hear those birds whistling, trying to find each other.

I don't know how to post a video but would if there is an easy way someone could explain. Or, I could email or possibly text it to someone if you know a way to do it. It was so still and quiet that morning, and those birds were the only thing you could hear.

Steve, I think you could upload it to YouTube then add the link here. I've never tried it here, but have uploaded to the tube and it's not difficult at all.
While on the quail, we've done a lot since we bought the new place in '11 for quail without seeing the first one.
I'd about decided there weren't any around to move in till Chuck told me he jumped a covey walking to his stand yesterday in the dark that caused him to jump.
Hearing we had a covey made a happy Merle!
Waiting on your upload now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I know from past postings that some of you guys are interested in quail. During gun season this year I had what was apparently a covey that got broke up sometime during the night, trying to get back together about daylight. I made a pretty cool video with my I-phone where you can just begin to see daylight coming and can hear those birds whistling, trying to find each other.

I don't know how to post a video but would if there is an easy way someone could explain. Or, I could email or possibly text it to someone if you know a way to do it. It was so still and quiet that morning, and those birds were the only thing you could hear.

Native,

The quail seem to be really making somewhat of a comeback in your state, and I am not sure why. But, I am glad they are. The dogs and I love quail hunting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the CRP and CREP programs have had a positive impact.

Man do I miss quail. The great coveys we had in Northern Indiana were decimated by the terrible winters in the 70’s, rallied in the 80’s, but have never returned to their former numbers. I’m sure predator populations and the end of profitable fur trapping contribute largely to the problem. Haven’t heard a bobwhite for two years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk