qdma numbers

wildfire

5 year old buck +
According to QDMA numbers for MN. Trends 2003-2013 bucks 1.5 or older -27%. 2003-2013 antlerless -50%. The good news the total deer population only went from 2003-2013 1,104800 to 1,004,000. ????????

:rolleyes:There is for sure a million deer in MN.

Most if not all, have passed through Sandburs farm at one time or another!

Yea also according to the QDMA there is a branch near Foggy. We all know that info is

:rolleyes:

Most if not all, have passed through Sandburs farm at one time or another!

You are correct, bwoods. All five deer in our township have passed through my farm.

According to QDMA numbers for MN. Trends 2003-2013 bucks 1.5 or older -27%. 2003-2013 antlerless -50%. The good news the total deer population only went from 2003-2013 1,104800 to 1,004,000. ????????
Jerry- I do not think QDMA is smart enough to look beyond the DNR numbers.

The advisory team members were given the 4th set of deer population numbers. I was thinking that there were only 3 sets at most until I started looking through our packets. Maybe there are another few other sets of books out there somewhere?

For permit area 183 I think our packet showed it was still at 16 dpsm and still above the 2006 goals. 2014 modeling showed 9 DPSM. This is an area that is just south of Duluth and was hit hard by the last couple winters. Some team members saw the differences and were concerned about why it was so large. Leslie claimed the 7 DPSM difference was due to removing water from the square miles. I was ready with my calculator, when removing water it would change the 2014 modeled numbers from 9 DPSM to about 9.4! When I told the team it convinced one team member to go from a vote of no change to 50% increase.

Qdma doesn't care about MN, unless we start shelling out more money and talking with a southern accent.

I am beginning to that that Minn has a lot of bad hunters and a lot of smart deer ... why else would folks want to introduce hogs?

The advisory team members were given the 4th set of deer population numbers. I was thinking that there were only 3 sets at most until I started looking through our packets. Maybe there are another few other sets of books out there somewhere?

For permit area 183 I think our packet showed it was still at 16 dpsm and still above the 2006 goals. 2014 modeling showed 9 DPSM. This is an area that is just south of Duluth and was hit hard by the last couple winters. Some team members saw the differences and were concerned about why it was so large. Leslie claimed the 7 DPSM difference was due to removing water from the square miles. I was ready with my calculator, when removing water it would change the 2014 modeled numbers from 9 DPSM to about 9.4! When I told the team it convinced one team member to go from a vote of no change to 50% increase.

I am very thankful we had people like you on the team.

Some stakeholder teams in different blocks will be snowed under by the DNR pseudo data.

I think the DNR has felt the hot seat on their back ends in our block.

I am beginning to that that Minn has a lot of bad hunters and a lot of smart deer ... why else would folks want to introduce hogs?
Who wants to introduce hogs?

Turkeys was enough!

So
Who wants to introduce hogs?

Turkeys was enough!
Somebody halfheartedly commented about introducing hogs because they could hunt them year round vs hunting all season for deer and not seeing one. I don't think they where entirely serious. They had a great time hog hunting and I think it was more venting than anything. It's in a post on here someplace.

Besides once the wolves eat those million deer that you all have they will have to introduce hogs to support the wolf populations:p:D

So

Somebody halfheartedly commented about introducing hogs because they could hunt them year round vs hunting all season for deer and not seeing one. I don't think they where entirely serious. They had a great time hog hunting and I think it was more venting than anything. It's in a post on here someplace.

Besides once the wolves eat those million deer that you all have they will have to introduce hogs to support the wolf populations:p:D

I feel a much better plan is to move the wolves south to the hog infested areas and also move some wolves to the metro areas.

Lots of good reasons, less complaints about coyotes from the south, control of hogs,excellent use of federal funds.

In metro areas you would have less law breaking after hours, less riots, youth could learn to enjoy wildlife, wolves would howl at night when the sirens went off, less stray dogs and cats, less vermin on the streets in general....

Win, win for all.

Lets make a deal with QDMA......they can quit reporting on MN Deer numbers.....and we won't tell everyone that they really don't have any branch in Pequot Lakes MN.....never have had a branch operating there......and have zero knowledge on the deer situation in MN. I bet'cha QDMA couldn't find Pequot Lakes MN with both hands and a flashlight.....let lone count our deer population.

I feel a much better plan is to move the wolves south to the hog infested areas and also move some wolves to the metro areas.

Lots of good reasons, less complaints about coyotes from the south, control of hogs,excellent use of federal funds.

In metro areas you would have less law breaking after hours, less riots, youth could learn to enjoy wildlife, wolves would howl at night when the sirens went off, less stray dogs and cats, less vermin on the streets in general....

Win, win for all.

Send a note to your elected Art. Would be fun to see that bill read i committee.