Pumpkin Leaf Issue

SD51555

5 year old buck +
We fertilized our pumpkins 3 weeks ago. It was a combination of milorganite and AMS. The rest of the nutrients are in high abundance and acceptable ratios except for maybe sulfur and boron. Since then, the vines have taken off nicely. However, I noticed one plant trying to send us a message. I don't know what it means though. Anyone able to diagnose this yellowing? This is on higher well drained ground.
IMG_2880.JPG

I have some leaves that look just like that. Mine are from over spray. I covered plants when smaller and tighter with a 5gal. bucket and sprayed around them with gly. I know I got some leave edges. May not be the case with yours.

Glyphosate close by ?

Nope.

Funny because the rest of that plant looks as healthy as all get out.

Could be that tree next to it is soaking up all the nutrients and the pumpkin is getting none.

Likely not. All of our nutrient levels are very high on a PPM basis and fairly well balanced. We applied the N by hand right at the stem base as well. I did a little bit of googling and couldn't find anything definite that fit the bill.

How is the soil moisture? Too dry?

My pumpkins looked horrible about 3 weeks ago. Dirt was like concrete, so I clawed around each plant, worked in some 46-0-0 and watered the crap out of them. I also hit them with some copper fungicide. Ended up getting 2" of rain last week with some good heat and now they look great. Cucumber beetles and powdery mildew is always a battle for me with pumpkins.

The trees are some kind of aspen or poplar. No BW around far as I know.

There is some excellent pics and info in that link. Good reading.

You would have been smart to apply potassium to those pumpkins. That is classic potassium deficiency. I dont care how high the soil test says the K levels are. You still needed to add potassium when you are trying to grow pumpkins. Didnt anyone suggest it to you??? Too bad you didnt try to do a rescue program when you were up there. If you would have taken some 0-0-60 and tried to break it down in milk jugs with some water you might have been able to help those plants.

I've been thinking about this as well, and I agree with Buck. You may have high levels of K, but it very well could be tied up in the soil and not readily available to the plants for some reason. Here is a link to some good info from Spectrum Analytic. A bit technical, but it does a good job of explaining what might be going on.
http://www.spectrumanalytic.com/support/library/ff/Potassium_basics.htm