pruning saws

NorthWI

5 year old buck +
Thankfully my orchid is growing well and I am looking for a foldable hand saw for pruning this spring. Any recommendations on your favorites?

Everyone seems to love the Silky Zubat, but I believe it is not foldable.

I use a retractable Fiskars saw that has a belt clip for pruning branches when hunting.

On my fruit trees I use lopper or a chainsaw.

Thankfully my orchid is growing well and I am looking for a foldable hand saw for pruning this spring. Any recommendations on your favorites?

I think I probably have a Silky folding saw in every size possible...Pocketboys, Gomboys, Bigboys, etc. I think you'll be happy with whatever size you order. As Diesel said...it's hard to go wrong. For pruning your orchard I'd recommend something with fine teeth.

I have a couple of silky’s and for orchard pruning is probably a good bet coupled with a Felco loppers but if you are going to use it for more than orchard look at the Milwaukee hatchet one of my favorite tools of all time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 volt chineze saw for the win. $50 on amazon....and save your energy. Seriously do a good job at trimming lines and branches.

I've been using an EverSaw for 7-8 years now and it has held up great, stays sharp and has good locking mech won't ever try to fold up while using.
Priced good too.

I have a couple of silky’s and for orchard pruning is probably a good bet coupled with a Felco loppers but if you are going to use it for more than orchard look at the Milwaukee hatchet one of my favorite tools of all time.

That Milwaukee hatchet looks good! I already have Rigid and Ryobi batteries with chargers though. Probably don't need a 3rd system but maybe... Hopefully rigid or Ryobi will come out with a similar model soon

Get the Dewalt 20V pruner. Cuts up to 1.5” limbs

After looking more I am going to get a Milwaukee Hatchet. Thank you for the recommendation. Which size do you have, the M12 6in or M18 8in? I am leaning towards the 6in because I am wanting it for light use. Like cutting small (1-2in) Aspen or Birch to free up Oaks also fruit tree pruning. Just want to make sure the 6in bar and chain doesn't seem to small...

Stihl has a good everything for cutting wood. Folding saw, shears, loppers.

Whatever you use, just use it for that. Thats what I do. My lopper, hand shears, and folding saw are for pruning only. No trail maintenance. I got a small fiskars pruner, a larger corona hand pruner, corona lopping shears with a knife edge on both sides. And could use a pruning saw upgrade.

OVerall, fiskars has been good bang for the buck. MY friend has the fiskars saw and it works great.

I have a knife I use for hunting, but could be a good pocket saw. 97OT Old timer. Has a knife, a saw, a tweezer, and a pick. I hunt with flintlocks often, the pick is priceless. MY first shot at a PA flintlock deer didnt go well. MY gun didn't go off. Wet low 30's weather all day. Forgot my pick at the tent..... When I got home, I looked around and ordered this knife. I got 2 or 3 of them..

Any of you clean your devices? Alohol when done. I coat my metal stuff with oil when I am done using, but definitely don't do that with my pruning stuff.

The Milwaukee M12 6" is perfect, can cut a lot more than you think.