Productive family deer hunt

Mortenson

5 year old buck +
My dad and I each got a deer tonight. Henry, my 8 yr old, sat with me on his 3rd sit ever. He sat real quiet and did his part. Thanks to my dad for begrudgingly leaving me 100 yards of 12 rows of edge corn. I think there were only a few ears left, but enough to get this 5.5 old buck thinking about his stomach on a 57 degree December day. Dad double lunged a 4 yr old doe with 2 minutes of legal light remaining. Henry enjoyed blood trailing through our switch grass.

20211203_175412_resized.jpg20211203_163258_resized.jpg20211203_201314_resized.jpg

Awesome job! I’m glad that he left you some corn. Hopefully, it’s an easier sell next year after this kind of success!

Congrats on an awesome buck.
Amazing how fast they can pick a field clean.

LGB and just cracked a cold one in celebration with ya.
20211203_233236.jpg
Edit: and dont judge, wearing the predator camo cause I took piper chasing some roosters this afternoon,
with nothing to show for it but a few spent shell casings. Shits durable in the field tho.

Wow, ya I would say heck of a day. Great buck. That switch grass looks great. I wish I had the room to put some in.

Congratulations nothing better than time spent with the family

Mort...very nice, congrats to the young & old hunters! Great generational experience to share the hunt and pass down traditions.

That was a great day for you guys Mortenson, and I really enjoyed the pictures and story. Beautiful buck too.

Good day. Congratulations.

Congrats!!

Congratulations to y'all!

Congrats on a great hunt and day with the family!

Nights like that are what you remember forever. Cool buck, sweet brows.

Dang! Great way to end it Mort! Thats a stud 8! I like those bladed browtines. Cant beat beers and having the old man and the kids with.

Good times! Congrats!

Great hunt and great buck! Congratulations!

Nice buck and great family memory ! Also, like the shirt !

Very nice!
Congrats to you both, nice heavy racked buck.
Love the T-shirt