Proactive Trespassing Messaging?

mtholton

5 year old buck +
Buying another 40 across the road from my place - woohoo! On my current property we've been very fortunate, I know all the land owners and we communicate and have had zero issues with trespassing/permission to retrieve game etc. The new piece however borders a piece that is hammered during gun season (15+ deer shot off the 80 acres this year I heard and based on the number of shots, that sounds low). I don't think the owner hunts it (doesn't live there either). Multiple groups are out there whom I've never met. I've tried contacting the land owner, but have never heard back. Talked to the guy that owns a piece along the far boarder and mentioned they shot and retrieved deer in front of them on his property without permission this season. I mentioned we should coordinate next year to get clear messaging from both sides and also indicated I won't be hesitating to call the Sheriff as I have young kids and am not going to tolerate safety issues from them for a second. I'm having the new land surveyed and marked every 50 yards and will cover the line in signage. What other pro-active tips do you all have? I'd like to get started on this effort as soon as I close in the coming weeks to make sure I've done everything I can prior to next season...

I agree cell phone cameras would probably go a long way to eliminate the issues

I made my own signs. Printed them on 8 1/2 x 11 paper with 2 signs on a page. They are in color and have the exact message that I want them to have. I put them in clear zip-top bags and staple them to the trees. That gives them the protection and "shine" - they look really nice and official.

1669909882796.png

Stuff like that. The nice thing is that you can make them say anything. I wish I had my original file. I printed about 50 pages of this stuff and just have them at camp. If one blows down, I just grab a new one, sick it in the bag and go hang a new one.

In addition to real cameras I bought a 4 pack of dummy video surveillance cameras and mounted them to gates. They run on aaa batteries and flash a red light so they look real. Cheap, like $29 for 4. New fresh posted signs send a message when a property hasn’t previously been posted. And the big one is prosecute. Idol threats are walked on.

^^^ got a link to those? the dummy cams

I bought a dozen of the dome style fake cameras and stuck all over our offices at work the guys were literally losing their shit. They even called the union clowns in very short order it was quite a comical morning until they finally figured out it was a practical joke.

I like to put out old broken cameras as dummies along potential access areas. Out in the open where they are seen.

I do the same. I got a little stupid and even bought some short black radio antennas and glued them to old broken cams to make then look like cell cams. I mount them up high on a tree with a step ladder so they are inaccessible.

I do the same. I got a little stupid and even bought some short black radio antennas and glued them to old broken cams to make then look like cell cams. I mount them up high on a tree with a step ladder so they are inaccessible.
I’d of left the ladder so nobody could possibly miss seeing the camera in the tree.

I usually put mine at eye level but then some of them have real cameras up in a tree watching the same area. I either back the truck up to them or I bring one section of ladder to get to them. I like the antenna idea.