Pop gets another one on his own

momatt

5 year old buck +
My dad is almost 80 he lives in Indiana almost 8 hours away. He is forbidden by his doctors from lifting more than 10 pounds. His feet are numb and he falls regularly and deals with daily pain. In the fall he plants a little rye in a meadow behind his house and sits in a comfortable chair in a blind for a few hours every day. It usually takes him several days to set it up, carrying a chair 100 yards to the blind is a major task. He sits in there feeling grateful. This little buck came in for a snack last week and he sent me this text. Tears rolled down my cheeks. #finishstrong.

Attachments

• 6FF0F46C-DBDB-4630-8255-0F24D749F7F5.jpeg
    6FF0F46C-DBDB-4630-8255-0F24D749F7F5.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 92
Congratulations to him!

Congrats to your dad and to you on your dandy. Happy times.

That’s great!

Congrats to your dad.!! My dad stopped hunting 5-6 years ago. I miss him dearly every year at camp.

My dad just told me an hour ago he's going to miss our opener tomorrow. My mom has some health troubles and wasn't feeling well today. The only other opening day he's missed since we started hunting around '90 was in '93 for his uncles death. Ya never know when anyone has their last hunt.

momatt - That's really awesome man.

Congrats!

Thats the kinda man who leaves a legacy even after he's gone. Well done, Pops!

Congrats to your dad, He's a man with grit. Thanks for sharing.

congratulations, that's pretty cool. I know people who have thrown in the towel on deer hunting over far less severe health complications.

That's great that your dad can still hunt. Only a few seasons left for my dad.
Its amazing the size of deer up north compared to the south.

Hope I’m still getting it done when I’m 80. Good for him!