Pollination question

Wny Hunter

A good 3 year old buck
First , I would like to thank you guys/gals for all the info posted here. It has helped me tremendously. In fall of 2016 I ordered and planted the following variety of trees the following spring. 2-Enterpise, 1-Honeycrisp, 1 Galarina, 1 goldrush, 1 Puget Spice, 1 Goldrush, and 1 liberty. My question is will they pollinate each other or do I need to add a tree or two? I’m pretty tight on space , but I could prob cut down some trees and open up the area if I need to. I am in zone 6a and most trees are on B-118 or MM-111 rootstock if that matters.

To get to the website I use for pollination checks, do a Google search on "online pollination checker for fruit trees orange pippin" and click on the Orange Pippin link.

Wny Hunter - You have a good selection of apple trees. Some of those will pollinate each other, but adding a few crab apples will benefit them all. Dolgo, Chestnut (crab), Whitney, Wickson, Centennial, Hyslop or Centurion are all good crabs for wildlife AND pollination.

I wouldn't worry about pollination. Add more if you have room and feel like it.

Thanx for the responses. Now that hunting season is coming to an end, I’m starting to concentrate on improving my land for the future. I have a nice lil 3500 square foot open area that I’m looking to add some more trees. I’m leaning towards pear trees but I feel like they tend to drop before or around the same time as acorns. I kinda want trees that will hold the fruit into November and December , whether it’s pear or crab apple trees.

Checkout the pears from bluehill wildlife nursery. They are easy to grow and hang late