Pine River MN - New Tractor Supply Store

Foggy47

5 year old buck +
Just got an email about a grand opening for a TSC store in Pine River. This normally would not be huge news in many areas.....but seeing as hard as it is to procure such things in the timber country.....I think this is a significant arrow in our quiver's here. I know several other guys that are in this general area. Grand opening this weekend. Hope it works out for them. Should be good demand locally for this type of store.

Just got an email about a grand opening for a TSC store in Pine River. This normally would not be huge news in many areas.....but seeing as hard as it is to procure such things in the timber country.....I think this is a significant arrow in our quiver's here. I know several other guys that are in this general area. Grand opening this weekend. Hope it works out for them. Should be good demand locally for this type of store.

Where is the store located? I am surprised to see it in this small of a town.

I haven’t been a big fan of TSC. I haven’t been in the local one for about a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now the property values are gonna go through the firmament. I used to drive 90 miles to Virginia, MN to get at a TSC. Good to have that option in the neighborhood.

Nice !! That’s good to hear .

Now the property values are gonna go through the firmament. I used to drive 90 miles to Virginia, MN to get at a TSC. Good to have that option in the neighborhood.
If you get to Pine River.....then your only about 5 miles to my land. I was in Walker yesterday.....picking up my new Polaris Northstar. Took my wife out for Happy Hour at the Rounhouse Brewery tonight. Fun.

Attachments

• IMG_0885.JPG
    IMG_0885.JPG
    604.5 KB · Views: 19

I haven’t been a big fan of TSC. I haven’t been in the local one for about a year.

Yep....TSC isn't for everyone......but when you need a part or some fertilizer or ??? .....it's beats driving 50 miles each way to get what you need. They have quite a lot of things to offer. Sprayer parts, tractor parts, fertilizer, seeds (?) hardware, tools and more.

I didn’t think Pine River was that far from Brainer\ Baxter.
im over by Longville, so it’s about an hour to Grand Rapids or Baxter for me if I need anything I can’t get at the local hardware store.

Ever eat at The Sawmill? We used to stay there on the way to Canada. Always ate there.

Ever eat at The Sawmill? We used to stay there on the way to Canada. Always ate there.Still
The Sawmill closed about a year ago. Sad to see....but the food / prices / service / covid ? .....was on the slide.....IMO. Stilll.....sad....as it was a fixture in the day. I think that place was like 100 years old. Great location....until they moved 371 to go thru Baxter. I think that was the death of many Brainerd biz's. Nothing lasts forever.

The Sawmill closed about a year ago. Sad to see....but the food / prices / service / covid ? .....was on the slide.....IMO. Stilll.....sad....as it was a fixture in the day. I think that place was like 100 years old. Great location....until they moved 371 to go thru Baxter. I think that was the death of many Brainerd biz's. Nothing lasts forever.
Sawmill in Virginia, MN. Never been to brainerd.

Ever eat at The Sawmill? We used to stay there on the way to Canada. Always ate there.
Nope. Didn't do much in Virginia other than hit that store.

Yep.....I'm not a huge fan either. They are not "the best" at any one thing. Instead they have some of most everything for a small farmer / rancher / property manager. No great deals.....just some needed stuff. .......and they can supply large quantities of things like bagged lime and fertilizer via an order and later pick up. May not be the lowest prices....but generally they are fairly priced. Sometimes any supply store is better than none.

I am in the middle of no where. Closest town with anything more then a gas station is 15-20 miles, and that is just your basic towns of 500-1000 people. For me to get to a town with options, it would be 40-50 miles each way, to Duluth, or Rice Lake. The town 20 miles away a TSC moved into an old Shopko store. They may not be a Fleetfarm, or a Menards, Home Depot, but they have more options then the town hardware. I welcome them, even if there are better options that are 2x the distance.

Yep.....I'm not a huge fan either. They are not "the best" at any one thing. Instead they have some of most everything for a small farmer / rancher / property manager. No great deals.....just some needed stuff. .......and they can supply large quantities of things like bagged lime and fertilizer via an order and later pick up. May not be the lowest prices....but generally they are fairly priced. Sometimes any supply store is better than none.

With the price of gas now days, it can be best to pay a bit more and shop locally. At least for those of us who are 30 plus miles from ‘big’ towns.

Speaking of the Sawmill... The old sawmill hotel in grand rapids was always treasured as a kid when we stayed there for hockey tournaments. RIP Sawmill.

Glad you're getting some new amenities @Foggy47 nice new UTV you got there too!