Pictures from the Back 40 Orchard

greyphase

5 year old buck +
IMG-2896.jpg

A fawn carcass. Bear, Coyote, Bobcat ? All roam through the Back 40 Orchard. The day after this picture was taken the carcass had disappeared.

Galarina.jpg

Some Galarina coloring up nicely.

Enterprise.jpg

A few Enterprise on a 4 year old B118 tree.

Cherryville-Black.jpg

A Cherryville Black 4 year old on M7 is carrying a few apples.

IMG-2528.jpg

A Tree Swallow adding a feather to it's nest.

Haralson.jpg

A single Haralson apple on a 3 year old B118 tree.

IMG-2896.jpg

sorry for the double post. can't figure out on to delete it. :(

Winter-Hangover.jpg

The All Winter Hangover Crab carrying a nice crop this year. A 6 year old tree on Antonovka rootstock.

Someone is going to be enjoying quite a few apples before long!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Lots going on in your back 40, as it should be. Nice to see the good and the not-so-good. That said, everyone has to eat.

Greyphase - Nice looking trees, & crop appears healthy. Too bad about the fawn - but ……. nature. Still waiting on Galarinas here. Our 6th leaf AWH is doing extremely well for us, too. Good cropper. The other AWH's are in their 3rd and 4th leaf years. All look good. Have you tasted an AWH crab yet ??

[QUOTE="Bowsnbucks, post: 201928,
. Have you tasted an AWH crab yet ??[/QUOTE]

If I recall correctly it's a spitter or at least the one I tried. :emoji_grimacing:

Greyphase, all your trees look great! Have you sprayed these at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e
Greyphase, all your trees look great! Have you sprayed these at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No spray. Have been lucky with no Japanese beetles or tent caterpillars this year to fight off. And no fire blight either.

Pics from my Back 40, Adams County WI. Apple Trees planted this spring are doing great, as well as the corn, lots of regular rain this year. Although as you can I need to mow. Appreciate all the tips on planting, weed barrier around the trees is working great, pea gravel to be added this weekend. This was the first batch of trees I grafted a couple years ago.

Attachments

• 5123834F-F6AA-479A-B008-689808ABCC2E.jpeg
    5123834F-F6AA-479A-B008-689808ABCC2E.jpeg
    626.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 9F1D6B85-DF97-42B9-B4DB-899D434E0A49.jpeg
    9F1D6B85-DF97-42B9-B4DB-899D434E0A49.jpeg
    700.8 KB · Views: 28