Photos from Stu and Bob's land tour

Looks like a great time, thanks for sharing!

Only a vet would bring a sorting stick with. ;)........You never know when there will be cattle to work! Hahaha!

I think your talking about my walking stick MO.....and have Art and I confused. :D Actually the stick helps my old joints and balance when walking in mucky ground. :p

That is a dandy hat! Didn't anyone else man the camera so Bob could get in a photo as well? I'm assuming he did all the photography.

Thanks for sharing pics. Looks like you guys have had plenty of rain, every thing looks lush.

Shoulda seen the car he drove out here to the sticks :p
Talk about standing out a like sore thumb.....nice and clean too:D

My wife almost texted me to say a (demeaning term for a person from the Metro) had driven past

It used to be that way by our old place in Clearfield, 20years ago when we had that quality MN "pavement" on the section of 37th St that ran past our place. It stayed gravel until the land to the east of us toward Hwy 58 started filling up with neighbors. Then the Township decided to pave it, once they had enough resident taxpayers living down on that end who would b!tch about the potholes every spring. I would imagine that "term" was something along the lines of "FIB", I know you have heard that term before stu.;)

On my recent trip to AZ.....even in 110 degree weather all the workers wore head scarves and most had long sleeve shirts to keep from burning up from the sun. Those scarves on the neck must be pretty effective. I suspect Wildfire wants to prevent sun-scald too ;) ......or, he wanted to lay some bricks.....or ride a camel? ;) (JK Wildfire)
images.jpeg

FIB ???? now that doesn't sound like a very nice term for people from south of the border ;)

Probably not bueller....I did learn quite a few years ago that most IL folks are good people....it seems (to me) that "FIB" is generally reserved for those folks south of the border and in the Chicago area. Something about big city folks that just doesn't "fit" in most of WI
Hey that's me! No wonder I get lots of cross eyed looks up in WI. I had always contributed the cross eyes to all the in breeding :oops:. In all honesty though if you are from Chicago and enter WI via I-94 you are likely a FIB. Also if you own more boats and jetski's than acres you are probably a FIB. :p

Pretty good bunch of 'em just west of my place from what I can tell (and what the locals tell me)[/QUOTE]

That's funny Stu cause everyone in Upsala says that about people west and north of Swanville. That was the first thing I heard when I bought my land "don't go any further towards Swanville"

In all honesty though if you are from Chicago and enter WI via I-94 you are likely a FIB. Also if you own more boats and jetski's than acres you are probably a FIB. :p
I don't know about everyone crossing the border on I-94, but the boat/jetski part is definitely true. 99% of the time those are the group that are likely to be FIB's. Whether they drive just over an hour to Lake Geneva, 3-1/2 hours to Castle Rock, or 6+ hours to Minoqua/Woodruff, that group is pretty much all the same. I've met them on all three of those lakes and many more.:eek: You need to throw snowmobiles and ATV's in there too.;)

I don't know about everyone crossing the border on I-94, but the boat/jetski part is definitely true. 99% of the time those are the group that are likely to be FIB's. Whether they drive just over an hour to Lake Geneva, 3-1/2 hours to Castle Rock, or 6+ hours to Minoqua/Woodruff, that group is pretty much all the same. I've met them on all three of those lakes and many more.:eek: You need to throw snowmobiles and ATV's in there too.;)

You forgot about Door County ;)

Looks as if everyone had a good time. It was great you could get together.

Only a vet would bring a sorting stick with. ;)........You never know when there will be cattle to work! Hahaha!

JK of course! But I would have paid huge money to see Art and Brooks Leg wrestle.

MDDI fund raiser???

Shoulda seen the car he drove out here to the sticks :p
Talk about standing out a like sore thumb.....nice and clean too:D

My wife almost texted me to say a (demeaning term for a person from the Metro) had driven past

I saw a few gun barrels come out of the windows of pickups that drove by. I was ready to dive for cover.

The neighbors must have felt it was SIT. That's the new religious organization fighting for control of Syria, Iraq, and Todd county.

I lost some of my pictures.

Here is one IMG_8709 bob's.jpg of Bob's land.

Stu's hinge cutting.
IMG_8711 2.jpg

Maybe stu can tell you what he was hinging. I think some of it was ironwood.
IMG_8712 2.jpg

Mulberry if I remember correctly.
IMG_8714 mulberry.jpg

Stu and bob are prepared with heavy equipment if they get stuck! Just joking.IMG_8710 2.jpg