All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pear tree?

hillHuntR

5 year old buck +
I was told a month ago by the original farm owner that there used to be a pear tree on a certain ridge on the property we bought last spring. After searching last weekend I found this tree....sorry for the poor photo. Can anyone say with any degree of confidence that this is a pear? It was the only tree on that ridge with white blooms. If not I will try to get better photos this weekend. The tree is at least 25ft tall.

If confirmed I will have to cut at least 2 large red cedars (and maybe a box elder) that are crowding it out.

Thanks

Thanks. I plan to cut the competition....I am lucky no nice oaks are next to it. Pretty happy since up until recently I thought we had zero fruit trees...with all the pears and crabapples I have ordered this tree will have some company at least. Here is the only other photo I have of it...center of photo you can just see some white blossoms at the top

1. Thanks. I will do as you suggested and hopefully find more this weekend