Paint Creek Nursery Trees Arrived. Not Impressed.

PrairieShadow

5 year old buck +
I got my American plum trees from Paint Creek today. I can see why they do not offer any kind of warranty with packaging trees like this. Dry roots and maybe a cup or two of pine shavings was all that was in the bag. Some roots were still sticking out the top of the back. I got them in very moist mix of pine shavings and potting soil right away but I'm afraid its to late.

Very poor packaging and I'll be amazed if any of these trees break dormancy.

image5.jpegimage3.jpegimage2.jpegimage0.jpegimage1.jpeg

That isnt encouraging! I have a pretty big order of White cedar, and Black Hill Spruce coming from them, and just got the email this morning that it was shipped.

But if it makes you feel better, my order of American plum from Iowa State DNR came in a sealed bag, with no wrapping around the roots at all. They werent moist either. I think as ong as they are still dormant, there is a good chance they will come out of it. Take pictures, and send it to them, and complain of their packing practice. They wont learn unless people complain. I was also surprised by the no warranty notices they give.

But if it makes you feel better, my order of American plum from Iowa State DNR came in a sealed bag, with no wrapping around the roots at all. They werent moist either. I think as ong as they are still dormant, there is a good chance they will come out of it. Take pictures, and send it to them, and complain of their packing practice. They wont learn unless people complain. I was also surprised by the no warranty notices they give.
Good to hear. Time will tell!

I once was a big Paint Creek fan. I am close so I always picked them up. That said I slowly lost interest. Now I get my trees from the County and am very happy with the stock so far. It seems getting trees delivered is a risk. This coming from a guy that planted Nativ Nursery (Mississippi) trees in zone 4b back years ago… yikes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm heading down there tomorrow to pick up my order, I'm only a hour away so I didn't want to risk shipping. It was the closest nursery I could find that had BHJS and Norway Spruce. Plus they have High Bush Cranberry and Elderberry.

UPDATE: I planted everyone of these trees. Much to my surprise everyone of them has leafed out and seems to be doing very well. I'll eat crow on this one I guess.