One Reason I Wait to Plant Until October

SwampCat

5 year old buck +
This top picture is browntop millet reseeded and germinated from a field I had planted last spring for dove hunting. Had sprayed and mowed it a couple weeks before dove season. Got 1.5 in of rain first of Sep and this is what it looked like Sep 10. Seed germinated.

IMG_9214.jpeg

This is another millet field adjacent to the first field - also self reseeded - what it looks like today - and what the first field looked like last Thur when I left to spend three days with my daughter.

IMG_9300.jpeg
This is what the first field looks like today - it looked like the bright green field four days ago. This is what army worms can do in four days - and what the green field will look like in four more days.
IMG_9299.jpeg

One of several reasons I wait until October to plant. Sept seems to be worst month.

One of the culprits below

IMG_9296.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9300.jpeg
    IMG_9300.jpeg
    508.9 KB · Views: 10
D09D9C1A-1C38-4D48-B902-28BDAAD6128C.jpeg

You can conclude there is more soil moisture on my ranch in the semi desert of Mexico than there is on farm in La. It's is dry!!! Tough deal on the army worms

My land actually in the green. Dont know what that has to do with army worms

My land actually in the green. Dont know what that has to do with army worms
Yes agree I think I’m losing my mind, when I read the original post I swear I also saw a forecast picture included that was hot and dry, but that must’ve been a different post. Sorry thought this was an army worm / dry soil post, but it’s just an army worm post, my mistake.