Old harvest photos and stories

Someday isle

5 year old buck +
IMG_0847.JPG IMG_0848.JPG
Why wife and I were doing a little cabinet drawer cleaning this week and I ran across these old photos. I'm not 100 percent sure on the date but based on the old style camo pants, the big 1980's glasses, and my memory, I'd say 1989 or maybe 1990.

For you Missouri guys that are a little older, like I am, you'll appreciate the highlight it was for three guys to kill three bucks on public land on the same day back then. In those days we hunted in the Mark Twin National forest in the Bourbon/Leasburg area. You had to be in your campground 24 hours early or someone else would take that spot. Fortunately we were young and were willing to hike way back in the woods well before sunup and sit all day to get away from the crowds. You just had to be careful to not go in so far that you were actually coming out the other side. It was difficult hunting, lots of hard work, and not without some real challenges, but it sure was fun. It's also where my passion for hunting really developed. I can tend to get a little philosophical but there were lots of lessons in those woods. I enjoyed finding these old pictures.

Post your own old photos and/or stories here if you have them.