Oh look...More CWD in the wild. Shocker here.

Four Seasons

5 year old buck +
Well here we go again. Who wants to blame a deer farm for all of this CWD. Enjoy!

Four Maryland Deer Test Positive for Chronic Wasting Disease
January 20, 2015
16286507182_a7d3a2f889.jpg
The Maryland Department of Natural Resources received laboratory confirmation on January 16, 2015 that four additional white-tailed deer harvested in Maryland tested positive for chronic wasting disease (CWD), bringing the total number of overall positive cases to six. The deer, all male, were harvested in the CWD Management Area in Allegany County during the regular deer firearm season.

The first confirmed case of CWD in Maryland was reported in February 2011 and the second was found in 2014, both from Allegany County. Maryland is one of more than 20 states and Canadian provinces with CWD documented in deer, elk or moose.

“Chronic Wasting Disease has become firmly established in the region since it was initially found in West Virginia in 2005,” said Paul Peditto, director of DNR’s Wildlife and Heritage Service. “The Department has followed this outbreak closely and has been prepared to find additional infected deer in Maryland. We have sampled intensively for this disease since 2002 and see this as an unfortunate but inevitable outcome. We will continue to manage CWD with the best available science to minimize the impact on our deer population and the people who enjoy these great animals.”

Concerns over CWD should not stop anyone from deer hunting and enjoying venison. There is no evidence that the disease can be transmitted to humans, livestock or other animals. As always, hunters are advised to never consume the meat of sick animals. Hunters are also advised to avoid the brain, spinal column or lymph nodes of deer — all of which are normally removed during the butchering process.

To date, six positive samples have been found out of nearly 8,300 deer tested in Maryland since 1999. Beginning in 2010, sampling efforts have been focused on Allegany and western Washington counties due to the presence of CWD in nearby West Virginia, Virginia and Pennsylvania.

CWD is a fatal disease that attacks the brain and spinal cord of deer and elk, specifically white-tailed deer, moose, mule deer and Rocky Mountain elk. While the exact cause is not known, it is believed to be a prion disease. A prion is an altered protein that causes other normal proteins to change and cause sponge-like holes in the brain. The disease appears to be passed between animals via saliva, feces or urine. More information on CWD in Maryland is available on the DNR website.

Your "tone" in these posts is un-acceptable. Your just trying to invoke a fight with folks IMO. Why don't you take that attitude somewhere else? Please? TYVM

Your "tone" in these posts is un-acceptable. Your just trying to invoke a fight with folks IMO. Why don't you take that attitude somewhere else? Please? TYVM
Sorry my "Tone" as you say is wrote just like gets wrote on here when a case of CWD shows up on a farm. Really i was kind of timid compared to some of the posts that were put on here about farms and CWD. Any tone read into a post becomes the problem of the one that is reading to much into the post. What i wrote was fact. Plain and Simple. No Attitude Needed.

Please stop....really. I think we all get it. You believe high fences have been unfairly blamed for CWD. No doubt you are right in some cases, while in others not so much so. That said, this is an extremely small audience here and I have an extremely hard time believing you are going to change a single mind here on the subject. IMO, it's no different than all the threads on QDMA about how CWD is the result of high fences (not saying they are right or wrong, just drawing a comparison), except for 1. There is a much larger audience there to preach to and they do get visitors that haven't already formed firm, unshakable conclusions.

Here, whether it's your true intentions or not, the results of so many of your posts can't be argued. All they do is cause trouble, with absolutely nothing good possibly coming from them. I'm NOT saying that is your intention or that you are any more out of line than anyone else here. What I am saying is that, unless you are trying to pick fights that no one can win, many of your posts serve absolutely no purpose, regardless of their validity. So, please stop flinging feces all over the place I come to get a break from dealing with feces...Please.

Please stop....really. I think we all get it. You believe high fences have been unfairly blamed for CWD. No doubt you are right in some cases, while in others not so much so. That said, this is an extremely small audience here and I have an extremely hard time believing you are going to change a single mind here on the subject. IMO, it's no different than all the threads on QDMA about how CWD is the result of high fences (not saying they are right or wrong, just drawing a comparison), except for 1. There is a much larger audience there to preach to and they do get visitors that haven't already formed firm, unshakable conclusions.

Here, whether it's your true intentions or not, the results of so many of your posts can't be argued. All they do is cause trouble, with absolutely nothing good possibly coming from them. I'm NOT saying that is your intention or that you are any more out of line than anyone else here. What I am saying is that, unless you are trying to pick fights that no one can win, many of your posts serve absolutely no purpose, regardless of their validity. So, please stop flinging feces all over the place I come to get a break from dealing with feces...Please.
Wow are you kidding me??? I put a public state wide CWD test result up and i am throwing feces and my post means nothing but its Ok for one of your ..Buddies..to put a post up when one shows up on a farm and bash the heck out of but thats ok? Give me a break!! I have no intent and care less about changing any minds. When it right in front of you in black and white its kind of cut and dried. I did nothing but show recent wild cases of CWD in the WILD deer. And we both know if these cases were behind wire and thrown up here by one of the regulars you would not be putting up these same words. So yeah...Give me a break!

Wow are you kidding me??? I put a public state wide CWD test result up and i am throwing feces... I did nothing but show recent wild cases of CWD in the WILD deer...

Well here we go again. Who wants to blame a deer farm for all of this CWD. Enjoy!

Nope, I'm not kidding, and Helen Keller could see you are trying to incite a feces storm with the line from your first post.

I have no intent and care less about changing any minds.

So then the only purpose is to stir the pot?!

As far as all these threads with others bashing high fences here, I think you may be confusing this place with QDMA's forum and Terry making all the high fence/deer farm threads. I'm not saying there haven't been any here, as I tend to believe people when they say things (as you just did), but I can only remember one and recall in that one that you kept trying to push buttons there, as well. To try to make it seem like there are frequent threads here about captive CWD is disingenuous at the very least...And yes, if one of my "buddies" started a thread titled "Oh look...More CWD inside high fences. Shocker here," with the first line being, "Well here we go again. Where are the deer farmers that want to blame wild deer for all of this CWD. Enjoy!," yeah, I'd say something very similar to them that I just did to you.

For what it's worth, I don't have a shred of doubt in my mind that free range deer spread CWD. I also don't have a shred of doubt in my mind that captive deer also spread CWD, but none of that has anything to do with my request for you to stop stirring the pot. It's that I'd rather not see this place go to hell in a hand basket, where every time I log in, there are another 4 new threads on how CWD is being spread and people on both sides raging on like a bunch of delusional idiots. The only purpose all that raging does is drop the IQ of every reader by 10-20 points from reading the views of the extremes on both sides. As with most every controversial issue, the truth lies somewhere between the extremes.

Last edited:
Nope, I'm not kidding, and Helen Keller could see you are trying to incite a feces storm with the line from your first post.

So then the only purpose is to stir the pot?!

As far as all these threads with others bashing high fences here, I think you may be confusing this place with QDMA's forum and Terry making all the high fence/deer farm threads. I'm not saying there haven't been any here, as I tend to believe people when they say things (as you just did), but I can only remember one and recall in that one that you kept trying to push buttons there, as well. To try to make it seem like there are frequent threads here about captive CWD is disingenuous at the very least...And yes, if one of my "buddies" started a thread titled "Oh look...More CWD inside high fences. Shocker here," with the first line being, "Well here we go again. Where are the deer farmers that want to blame wild deer for all of this CWD. Enjoy!," yeah, I'd say something very similar to them that I just did to you.

For what it's worth, I don't have a shred of doubt in my mind that free range deer spread CWD. I also don't have a shred of doubt in my mind that captive deer also spread CWD, but none of that has anything to do with my request for you to stop stirring the pot. It's that I'd rather not see this place go to hell in a hand basket, where every time I log in, there are another 4 new threads on how CWD is being spread and people on both sides raging on like a bunch of delusional idiots. The only purpose all that raging does is drop the IQ of every reader by 10-20 points from reading the views of the extremes on both sides. As with most every controversial issue, the truth lies somewhere between the extremes.
Sorry, Wrong again. How is me defending the truth trying to stir a pot? If you read the words i wrote..Who wants to blame the farms for this one..Is a direct reply to the ones on this site that blame farms for Cwd over and over again. If you also know anything about deer farms and cwd you will see that there has never been a deer farm in the state of Maryland. So yes this is a direct retaliation to the last post that was on here awhile back where some blame it all on the farms.
I also know the diff between the qdma site and this one. I also agreed with John that i would not argue deer farms on here and i wont but cwd is big time habitat related and i will post and show the truths.

Sorry, Wrong again. How is me defending the truth trying to stir a pot?

Because by your own words "I have no intent and care less about changing any minds." Therefore, the only option remaining is that you are merely trying to cause trouble and find someone to argue deer farms with you, as you reportedly told John you wouldn't. That's a shame and also reflect extremely poorly on the credibility of anything you may say to anyone else.

Because by your own words "I have no intent and care less about changing any minds." Therefore, the only option remaining is that you are merely trying to cause trouble and find someone to argue deer farms with you, as you reportedly told John you wouldn't. That's a shame and also reflect extremely poorly on the credibility of anything you may say to anyone else.
Whatever Steve..Good try. You know you were talking about changing peoples thoughts on deer farms and the post was on CWD. My post was to again prove that CWD is running strong in places that have never had a deer farm and that in turns proves that the few on here that have came right out and said they believe is only farm related has again been proven wrong by the disease itself. It sure seems like you keep posting back on here trying to stir crap and put words in my mouth. How about you read the post that was put up. Read that it has nothing to do with a deer farm and is being spread by the wild deer in that state and move along. I have read your stuff, I am sure you can find something else to spew off about. Talk about credibility.

Whatever Steve..Good try. You know you were talking about changing peoples thoughts on deer farms and the post was on CWD. My post was to again prove that CWD is running strong in places that have never had a deer farm and that in turns proves that the few on here that have came right out and said they believe is only farm related has again been proven wrong by the disease itself. It sure seems like you keep posting back on here trying to stir crap and put words in my mouth. How about you read the post that was put up. Read that it has nothing to do with a deer farm and is being spread by the wild deer in that state and move along. I have read your stuff, I am sure you can find something else to spew off about. Talk about credibility.

And you sir have proven over and over that you are a little minded, money driven bigot. You spout your drivel over every forum that you can. Please go away as not one person on any of these forums believes anything you have to say. Leave us alone and go play with the pet deer that you charge people to shoot in your pens.

And you sir have proven over and over that you are a little minded, money driven bigot. You spout your drivel over every forum that you can. Please go away as not one person on any of these forums believes anything you have to say. Leave us alone and go play with the pet deer that you charge people to shoot in your pens.
Jealousy will eat you up and would you care to tell what your comments have to do with this post? This is CWD in the HABITAT. Pay Attention Please.

I don't have to pay attention sir, you're not my Mother. Although you may be one.

You know you were talking about changing peoples thoughts on deer farms and the post was on CWD.

the article was on CWD. The post was about your belief that people here unfairly view deer farms. Therefore, breaking what you admittedly told John.

Unfortunately for you, you aren't arguing with me. You are arguing against the yourself and the words you wrote in your own posts. All I've been doing since my first post requesting that you stop has been to facilitate your argument against yourself. No worries. I'm done and now you may return to feeble attempts at talking out of both sides of your, I'll be nice and say face, all by yourself, but thanks for trying to shit all over this forum.

Hey u guys should join in this guys other thread. We are analyzing zombies. Believe me it's the truth!

Zombies, the weather and syracuse college basketball...all better topics on that thread.

Let's derail this one too....what's everyone's favorite TV show? I don't watch much tv but I enjoyed the Sons Of Anarchy series.

Every now and again it's time for all good men to come to the aid of their party. I promise two chickens in every pot, a moose dumpling in every kettle, and a pig in the pulpit. Let us never forget that an agitator is just a fraud in sheep's clothing....and will simply look forward to the chase.

The post shows where the wild whitetails is spreading CWD across the landscape and the states are doing nothing to stop their spreading of such. Pretty cut and dried. No farms. No hunting.Just wild deer spreading disease.

Hey u guys should join in this guys other thread. We are analyzing zombies. Believe me it's the truth!

It's true. Like I pointed out on the other thread. Zombies on TV turn in seconds or minutes. That's not what I learned in a search on the net. And since everything on the net is true TV must be sensationalizing.

Here's what happens.

You are Bitten

You are attacked by a group of zombies and can’t flee before one bites you!

Second Set of Symptoms- Hours 1-5

A fever will occur (99-103 degrees F). This will be accompanied by shakes, chills, vomiting, slight dementia, minor hallucinations, and pain in the joints.

Third Set of Symptoms- Hours 5-8

High fever (103-106 degrees F). Increased dementia and major hallucinations. Also extremities will lose feeling and you will have loss of muscular control.

Fourth Set of Symptoms- Hours 8-11

Paralysis of the infected area and lower body will occur along with numbing of the entire body. The heart rate will slow down and become weak.

Fifth Set of Symptoms- Hours 11-16

You will become unresponsive to all stimuli including severe pain. You slowly slip into a coma.

Sixth Set of Symptoms- Hours 16-20

Your heart rate will slow, and then stop. There is now zero brain activity. You are clinically dead at this stage.

Seventh Set of Symptoms- Hours 20-23

You finally begin to turn. Minor brain activity near the brain stem occurs. You will begin to move but only slightly because your blood is no longer flowing. Because there is no blood flow you have no control over your tissue and it takes several hours to get to your feet.

Final Set of Symptoms

Within this last hour you will be fully transformed. You will crave human as well as any other flesh. You will be violent and have no care for former memories or past friends.

You are now a zombie!

Go figure, now I'm wondering if they really die when you ram an object through their heads.

Walking dead used to be, but they have been lying to me so now I don't know if it's a true story. :(
I have yet to start watching that series on Netflix...it's on the short list though.