oak tree is changing it's mind about what species it is!

j-bird

Anybody ever seen this before? I have an old and mature white oak on my place....one of the few....and I noticed today in a few places there seems to be a flush of new growth but the leaves look more like swamp white oak leaves....and NOT the typical white oak leaves it has elsewhere..... I don't have ANY swamp white oak in the area that I am aware of and I have never seen this before. When I first saw it I thought I had a seedling growing up into the white oak...I double and triple checked and that is NOT the case.

Attachments

• mixed up oak.jpg
    mixed up oak.jpg
    328.2 KB · Views: 54
Anybody ever seen this before? I have an old and mature white oak on my place....one of the few....and I noticed today in a few places there seems to be a flush of new growth but the leaves look more like swamp white oak leaves....and NOT the typical white oak leaves it has elsewhere..... I don't have ANY swamp white oak in the area that I am aware of and I have never seen this before. When I first saw it I thought I had a seedling growing up into the white oak...I double and triple checked and that is NOT the case.

Has the tree been watching "Keeping up with the Kardashians?"

bill

Has the tree been watching "Keeping up with the Kardashians?"

bill
Actually...when I saw this....I joked about it. I said, "OK...Bruce...what the F is this all about?"