nwtf members using seed programs.

mikmaze

5 year old buck +
I hope all know a benefit of the nwtf is seed subisdy, and conservation programs. they both get you good deals on seed for conservation. I missed out on the NJ order date, and am bummed, wondering if any PA or south east NY members have any seed purchased that is extra? I need 2 bags of corn seed, and will pick it up and pay if available.

PM sent but don't let that stop anyone else. I'm not sure I can get any yet.

Oh and I didn't know much about it until swat told me. Great deal!

I've never worked with NWTF before. I just emailed my Wisconsin guy to see if they have any seed left.

Thanks for the tip!

-John

just remember, all seed planted are for crops to sustain turkey, any deer caught in a turkey plot should be shot!

I never heard back from the NWTF Wisconsin guy. Oh well, never hurts to try.

-John

First, the link has no meaningful info about what they have available, you have to be a member to see what is available.

In order to find out what the cost of being a member is, you have to fill out a form giving them all your personal info.

I have used the NWTF for seeds many times over the past 10-15+ yrs now
normally once you get on the buyers side of things, IF you stay in contact with the seed guy, you buy from, they will let you know what seeds are available a few weeks before they GO get them, as they mostly DON"T know too far in advance, as it all comes down to what they Get and then its like a first come first serve deal

I have had yrs when they had a tractor trailer of seeds at ONE location, and you came and you got to buy from what was on truck for sale, and prices can vary
I have also had times when I had to PRE order and I was then HELD to buy what I asked for.
and yes, you must sign an agreement that states seeds will NOT be used to harvest, and for wild life only!

I also, recommend adding some inoculate to the seed at planting time, its cheap and cannot HURT ONLY help
as these are always 1-2 yr old seeds your getting

That said, I have never NOT had them grow and some SUPER crops some yrs, I know one yrs 2010 I think, the main field I rent out to a large farmer, , I had higher yields on my corn, larger more kernels and more ears per stalk than his
he was actually asking me what seeds I used LOL
deer ate them down to nothing by about Mid feb however

but its a awesome program for food plotters , all the more so if your on a budget!

what they have available varies from state to state, if you are unwilling to donate to a cause that has it's roots in preserving and promoting health wild turkey habitat, that just so happens to benefit deer as well, then move along. I do know for New Jersey I can get 50 lb bags of roundup ready seed corn for about 35 dollars a bag. a little bit of internet work, and contacting the rep for your state, will net you results, and point out the benefits before you 'buy in" you might even get lucky and be able to have a rep come look at your land, and make solid, habitat wise suggestions.