Not a plant

H20fwler

5 year old buck +
This one is different.

I'm usually pretty good with feather ID. Found this in my pasture yesterday. To me it looks like a leucistic hawk feather or juvi turkey?
I haven’t seen any buff colored hawks or turkeys around though, or it is one with just a few off colored feathers?
Guesses?

vmjNxRL.jpg

No way! I found a feather that looked similar in my field yesterday. I’ll have to go back and snap a photo.

Red tailed hawk?

9D4DBA86-73AC-44DA-94FD-AD7F0522B256.jpeg

That is crazy!
What are the odds that we both find a similar weird feather on the same day a 150 miles apart?

We need to pick some lottery numbers together!

So what do you think it came off of?
And your clover looks great.

That is crazy!
What are the odds that we both find a similar weird feather on the same day a 150 miles apart?

We need to pick some lottery numbers together!

So what do you think it came off of?
And your clover looks great.
Thanks clover is starting to come back this drought put a good smack down on it.

Your feather certainly looks like it could be a red-tailed hawk with that band at the end. Mine isn’t as pronounced but it’s also soaking wet. I have a giant dead ash on the edge of the field and there is frequently a hawk perched near the top looking for doves and voles. I thought maybe an owl or a hawk.

The lack of barring on it kind of threw me, doing a google search it sure could be. I do see a lot of hawks at the farm.

Would make a nice pen for John Adams for sure. Do you guys keep those? My kids don't leave a feather behind when we're out hiking. Once I put the leather gloves on and grabbed an injured sparrowhawk out from in front of the bean header. Didn't want to watch it go thru the machine. Put him in a parts box and dropped off at the local community college for rehab.

Would make a nice pen for John Adams for sure. Do you guys keep those? My kids don't leave a feather behind when we're out hiking. Once I put the leather gloves on and grabbed an injured sparrowhawk out from in front of the bean header. Didn't want to watch it go thru the machine. Put him in a parts box and dropped off at the local community college for rehab.

I didn't keep it, wasn't sure if it was OK if it might have been off bird of prey?
The wife and I pick up wing and tail turkey feathers when we find them, we have a bucket full of them in the garage. Was thinking of getting some hunting arrows fletched with some of the really nice ones sometime. Gave a few nice turkey tail feathers to a maintenance guy at work who is native American his wife paints things on them.

Maybe we have his or her feathers.

After seeing H2Os post I took the kids out to grab it. We did bring it back up to the house. I haven’t given it much thought on what to do with it. Maybe I’ll hang it in the garage. I have a few buckets with all the bones I find.