Northern Whitetail Crabs Now Available

Tree Spud

5 year old buck +
NWC 2021 spring ship trees are now online and available. Just placed my order with Terry...

4 30-06 CRABAPPLE
eRVG85mtxi_uPuorTAdaO8riGp6AD_vpC7lJZORj4DH6qeae5pf-79S5PRoG5M49ob9xm1LOuxLxp7CLxHmIz3GBeJ_MuRTxocecWdemeRTPdtBJ8mSpuxbLfGcgw6_RWiWKq-Ko_ZJQ2ktqxfmaCHg=s0-d-e1-ft

4 CROSSBOW CRABAPPLE
4 DROPTINE CRABAPPLE
2 DOLGO CRABAPPLE
4 SHEEPNOSE APPLE TREE
eRVG85mtxi_uPuorTAdaO8riGp6AD_vpC7lJZORj4DH6qeae5pf-79S5PRoG5M49ob9xm1LOuxLxp7CLxHmIz3GBeJ_MuRTxocecWdemeRTPdtBJ8mSpuxbLfGcgw6_RWiWKq-Ko_ZJQ2ktqxfmaCHg=s0-d-e1-ft

4 GRAY GHOST APPLE TREE
3 EARLY CIDER CRAB - Spring 2021

Thanks! Just placed my order too.

NWC updated their website a little.... The picture of the 30-06 Crabapple tree looks cool.

These were available a few weeks ago and I thought it was some kind of mistake. There were already a few varieties that weren’t available. I only wanted a few Redfields and early cider crabs.

Tree Spud must have taken the last of the Crossbow. Haha This evening I ordered a dozen all together (just realized all the same varieties as Spud minus the Crossbow).

Terry has additional trees now up on the site for sale ... Liberty, Enterprise, Redfield & Whitney crabs are available.

I resisted the urge this year. Might just buy a cherry tree for spring. Researching if any sweet cherries can grow here. Hard to pass up Terry's trees.

First time buying from NWC this year, and oh my word they just earned my business and adding them to my list of trusted tree sources. Dear Lord the trees were massive in comparison to what I usually see elsewhere (mainly have used Stark and also Blue Hills). Redfields especially were just incredibly big!

First time buying from NWC this year, and oh my word they just earned my business and adding them to my list of trusted tree sources. Dear Lord the trees were massive in comparison to what I usually see elsewhere (mainly have used Stark and also Blue Hills). Redfields especially were just incredibly big!
Yep Terry has top notch trees. Massive to be truthful.

I planted 3 from him last year. They look great waking up this year. Just got notice that my 8 have shipped today. Holes are already dug. Just need to drop them in on Friday.

This year I ordered:

2 Droptine
2 30-06
2 Sheepnose
2 gray ghost

I stopped in and picked up some trees over the weekend at Northern Whitetail Crabs. Could not have had a better experience. Terry was extremely welcoming and even suggested a few more trees that might work with those that I had already pre-ordered. Needless to say I left with several more than I had ordered. The one tree that he gave me barely fit in my 2001 Subaru outback it was so large! Going to get them in the ground this week and will be making that trip again in the future.

The buds on my 2nd year crab apples from NWC are still silver tipped as of yesterday. Only a few buds are starting to swell. Most of my other crabs have broken buds or started to leaf out.

We are supposed to get down to 29 F this Thursday night with mple nights hovering around freezing.

Will be interesting to see how this impacts the trees.

I ordered from there for the first time this yr. Awesome trees, can’t wait to see them grow!

The buds on my 2nd year crab apples from NWC are still silver tipped as of yesterday. Only a few buds are starting to swell. Most of my other crabs have broken buds or started to leaf out.

We are supposed to get down to 29 F this Thursday night with mple nights hovering around freezing.

My Wickson and Droptine are at most 1/2” green. The 30-06 is silver to green tip. A little worried about that one as it looked like it may have gotten chewed some around the trunk. Never did put window screen around it yet. Hopefully it makes it.

I agree , the Trees I got from NWC last year were massive , branched out and near as big and thick as potted trees you find at Tractor Supply . I'll wait a week or two and take a picture once they are all leafed out to show a years growth.....it's Impressive. For the money you can't beat NWC's trees.

I hope your trees are okay Spud. All my pear and Tractor Supply Calloway crabs have been leafed out for probably 3 weeks. My NWC's just started to leaf out about the middle of last week. I like that the NWC's leaf out later here...hopefully avoids a late frost

I planted 3 from him last year. They look great waking up this year. Just got notice that my 8 have shipped today. Holes are already dug. Just need to drop them in on Friday.

This year I ordered:

2 Droptine
2 30-06
2 Sheepnose
2 gray ghost
Ten Point , the trees I got from NWC in 2020 were massive for bare root...branched out and big as a potted tree sold at Tractor Supply. . When I got on the list last Sept , for this springs shipment Terry at NWC told me the trees wouldn't be as big this year because of last years growing conditions/weather .. My 2021 NWC trees came last week , They still had incredible roots but nowhere near the girth or height of the 2020 trees . However for the money they are still awesome trees !. I also tried a few " trees " from another popular online seller that charges more per tree than NWC's trees , and when they arrived this spring they might as well be described as seedlings or whips (Comparable in size to NativNurseries $3.89 seedlings ) ! . So both times I ordered from NWC I was satisfied , and got bigger trees than what others were shipping and at a lower price per tree .

Last edited:
Looks like I'm going to get to see how some of them perform in my area this year. This one is either a Droptine or Grey Ghost. 30-06 has a lot of blooms too.

DhATyND.jpg
Just wondering when this tree was planted? Thank you-Derek