Nice Buck. If you ever pass thru Verndale.......

foggy

5 year old buck +
Had lunch at the Bullseye Bar and Gille in Verndale today. Verndale is located between Motley and Wadena. If you go by.....stop and have a look at the buck hanging on the wall. It's a replica of a buck killed by a 12 year old kid.....just north of Verndale. o_O:eek:

Who sez we don't have any big deer in MN? ;) GREAT BURGERS TOO!! (Stu....are you listening?)
Verndale Buck .JPG

I remember when that buck was shot,I believe they had him on camera for some time.

Great buck.

Score?

I remember when that buck was shot,I believe they had him on camera for some time.

Great buck.
I also remember the story. Great for the kid.

You were pretty close to me foggy, verndale is about 8 miles to the west of my place

The proprietor of the Bullseye bar also builds a pretty nice box blind. Small builder to the local market. Those are shown next door at the trailer sales lot. The only "iffy" for me was the window operation. A bit noisy? Kinda an upscale model of what the Amish are building down the road.

They don't mess around with their deer hunting in that area. The buck was shot near the Hillview QDM area, or at least they have a trail cam pic of it on their website.
http://www.hillviewmanagement.com/gallery.aspx?albummode=Folder&albumpath=/photos/2012+Season
A couple of the bucks shot in 2009 had some serious mass:
http://www.hillviewmanagement.com/gallery.aspx?albummode=Folder&albumpath=/photos/2009+Season

Awesome buck for the kid, hopefully he is still hunting!

oh yeah he is unfortunatly the land he shot it on is being sold, or is sold, my coworker was the owner

J

Great buck.
Jerry you are correct that buck was shot about 2-3 miles from our land and he surprisingly enough covered a lot of real estate. If memory serves me correct he was 245 inches an some change I thought. Don't quote me on that however.

Checked this place out today...probably the best burger I've had in MN, thanks for the heads up Tom :) The place is immaculately clean and the service was top notch.

The buck mount looks like a competition quality mount to me....one of the best looking/highest quality mounts I've seen displayed publicly.
Dewey does good work and is a great guy. That is where I take all my stuff!!

Yep every deer I have had done has been by him, definitely the deer guy to go to. Waterfowl there is better2015-07-23 19.47.29.jpg

I was going to post the same thing. Who F-ing cares. I actually wish we didn't score deer. There is no need.

That's what she said. ;) I still find big bucks pretty cool to see.....and they are fun to talk about.

That's what she said. ;) I still find big bucks pretty cool to see.....and they are fun to talk about.

Well me too. Of course. But the scoring part is what gets me.