New property purchase

Bszweda

5 year old buck +
Just signed the paper work on a new property. 31 acres in Sullivan County, Missouri.

Attachments

• Topo.PNG
    Topo.PNG
    724.5 KB · Views: 84
  • Aerial_new.PNG
    Aerial_new.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0375.JPG
    IMG_0375.JPG
    439.2 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0373.JPG
    IMG_0373.JPG
    629.7 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0380.JPG
    IMG_0380.JPG
    592.6 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0418.JPG
    IMG_0418.JPG
    860.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0427.JPG
    IMG_0427.JPG
    956.6 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0363_Moment.jpg
    IMG_0363_Moment.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0364_Moment.jpg
    IMG_0364_Moment.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 75
Another Missouri guy here. I have 36 acres in Crawford County. I’ve only owned it for two and a half years (three hunting seasons). In my limited experience a small property with realistic goals and expectations is a lot of fun. I love your pond and the right of way. Looks like lots of potential.

How much does something like that cost? It would sure be sweet to own 80+ down there.

I am paying 1900 an acre. I’d say 2000 an acre is a good price on woods. Pasture goes for more like 2500. I feel like all the listing agent are listing for 2700 an acre though.

A fishing hole to boot!

I like the looks of that one area of cedars and olives.
Lots of guys hate both but man it makes for some thick thermal cover.

I agree everything seems to be listed high. I think it's because everyone is a realtor and thier fighting for listings. At least it seems like everyone is a realto around me.

I paid $71,000 for my 36 acres. It really depends on the county, the access, and the terrain. I agree with Bill. Seems everybody is an agent now and some agents sell “premium” properties so they ask for more.

Congratulations on your new purchase!!!

A fishing hole to boot!

I like the looks of that one area of cedars and olives.
Lots of guys hate both but man it makes for some thick thermal cover.

I agree everything seems to be listed high. I think it's because everyone is a realtor and thier fighting for listings. At least it seems like everyone is a realto around me.

Yeah definitely really thick in there, which got me excited. Hopefully they bed in there when the pressure is on. I am thinking about removing some trees as its almost too thick, where a deer wouldn't be able to lay down.

That is a nice property, congrats!

Sweet Looks like someone has fescue to eradicate.

I’ve been thinking about trying to elimite that fescue and plant clover or something. However that’s going to require a tractor, implements, trailer, and truck. All of those things I don’t have.

However that’s going to require a tractor, implements, trailer, and truck. All of those things I don’t have.

And so begins the madness! Congrats on your new money and time - black hole.... Your going to love it and sometimes hate it but mostly love it... Its a good thing!

Love the water hole! Its the best food plot you will ever have! Again Congrats

Cool! Looks like a great property, and a fun property to work with.

Agree with everyone. That's a nice one.

Why don't you guys like fescue?

Nice looking place - I agree in that it looks like you have the makings for a good little property there.
Why don't you guys like fescue?
Most folks don't like fescue because it smothers out native plants and it holds little wildlife value in most places. It's good for erosion control, but other than that most wildlife minded folks try to get rid of it so something native can grow in it's place.

Looks good man!

Best part about it is, even if it's never the #1 hunting spot in the world, it's yours, and you're allowed to be biased and love it irrationally. Congrats man

Awesome property, gotta say I love the pond too!

Just spray the fescue once greenup starts in march / april. Let the natives / weeds grow from there. Will make a world of difference.