New #1 Typical All-time USA?

Mortenson

5 year old buck +
#2 in the world net typical if the score holds. Rack has no judgment calls and is flat out awesome. Killed in IN this month with a crossbow. I love antlers and think they're nature's artwork, and this rack has "that look". Congrats to the lucky hunter. Preliminary score is 208 & 4/8" net.

record.jpg

Holy cow, not sure how a guy would keep composed watching that thing walk in.

The guy seemed very humble and thankful. Said it all happened in 3 minutes and he had no prior knowledge of the deer, so that probably helped in keeping composed enough to make it happen.

America's #1 typical still is the famous James Jordan buck, killed in 1914 in NW WI, and scoring over 206" as a 5x5. So this would be quite historical.

Wow. Giant is an understatement.

Yeah that thing is awesome! It has it all. Everything the biggest typical in the world should have!

#2 in the world net typical if the score holds. Rack has no judgment calls and is flat out awesome. Killed in IN this month with a crossbow. I love antlers and think they're nature's artwork, and this rack has "that look". Congrats to the lucky hunter. Preliminary score is 208 & 4/8" net.

View attachment 38587
Just think what another year or 2 would do ;)

The guy seemed very humble and thankful. Said it all happened in 3 minutes and he had no prior knowledge of the deer, so that probably helped in keeping composed enough to make it happen.

America's #1 typical still is the famous James Jordan buck, killed in 1914 in NW WI, and scoring over 206" as a 5x5. So this would be quite historical.
Ain't it always the guy that just stumbled into the woods and was having a good time?

Good for him! Congrats on a giant. That's great

Wow, I bet there's a few hunters in the area with multiple years worth of camera pictures and encounters who are heart broken right now. Congrats to the lucky Hunter.

The stuff of dreams! Giant incredibly rare typical. Stunning. Would love to know the story/history of that buck. habitat, food sources, age etc...would learn a lot

Awesome buck!!! One of those "ghosts" that haunt our minds throughout the years. Tough to ever top that one. Congrats to that lucky hunter.

Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw this buck and spoke with this guy at the Iowa Deer Classic. He certainly is cashing in on the buck. Can't really blame him. Id be doing the same.

Absolutely insane buck. Really neat that it was taken with archery equipment.

So the Huff buck became a bit of a controversy. He sold the rack to a collector, who had the rack scored again, that time 3" higher. Rumors were that he said he wouldn't have it panel scored to confirm that new 211" net typical score. Not sure where any of that stands now.

Recently Milo's world record from Saskatchewan scoring 213" was sold to Bass Pro for one million. After 30 years I thought he'd never sell it.

Something else fun happened recently. There's been three well known typical shed antlers coming from the same buck, each in the 100" typical range, some 30+ years ago. It was just another world record sized deer that was only known by his sheds and never harvested. At least that's what everyone thought til a few months ago. Apparently some old buzzard bagged him in the early 90s and had his rack hanging in his den ever since. Scored at the Iowa classic last week. If a panel confirms, he's the world's # 3 of all time. If the stories are right, he came from the small town my wife was living in when we met. Still our home county.

Took the kids to the IL classic today, assuming the rack would be on display. Wrong. IL is so screwed up they can't even get the deer classic right. Here's a pic of that deer's matched set we saw at the show 2 years ago.

20220402_121514.jpg

Man nothing pisses me off more than when my neighbor's shoot the 2 1/2 YO bucks in the neighborhood 😁

Awesome buck!!! One of those "ghosts" that haunt our minds throughout the years. Tough to ever top that one. Congrats to that lucky hunter.
If he's waiting to shoot something bigger he might as well just quit now. Doubt I could keep it together long enough to harvest something even close to that. Honestly I would be scared of having a heart attack.