Need A New Saw

Big Snow Man

5 year old buck +
Well I took my dads Stihl 032 which I remember him buying in 1985 and the dealer said he can't get another oil pump for these saws anymore. So I guess I'm going to have to get another saw and I'm looking for suggestions. I have a smaller saw that we use for hinging but incase
we get in trouble with the little saw we can bail out with the larger saw .I also need the larger one if we have wind falls in the road. I would like to stay in the Stihl family. Any suggestions ?

Had the same decision a month or so ago when the 041AV inherited from the old man finally died. Went with the MS 362 with a 20" bar and likely the bar and chain 3/8" pitch off your old 032 could be used as a backup. My brother likes his 260 series with a 20" bar but that is about max for that size saw was told that its only available now in 0.325 pitch chain. So yeah, talked myself into more money. Still use the MS 250 for most of the stuff I cut though. Warning....sticker shock on some of this stuff.

I have a MS-390 Stihl with a 20" bar and it's a cutting monster. Their new number is MS-391. Rocks - ^^^^^ - MS-362 is a good idea. I think that's the PRO saw version.
Both saws will use a 3/8 pitch chain. I use a full chisel chain and it EATS wood !! My second, smaller saw is a MS-180C with easy-pull start for limbing and hinging. Great saws.

Well I took my dads Stihl 032 which I remember him buying in 1985 and the dealer said he can't get another oil pump for these saws anymore. So I guess I'm going to have to get another saw and I'm looking for suggestions. I have a smaller saw that we use for hinging but incase
we get in trouble with the little saw we can bail out with the larger saw .I also need the larger one if we have wind falls in the road. I would like to stay in the Stihl family. Any suggestions ?

Snow Man - where do you live? My dad thinks he has one in stock at his shop. I can let you know tomorrow.

Snow Man - where do you live? My dad thinks he has one in stock at his shop. I can let you know tomorrow.
Your dad has a 032 ? I live in southern part of the state. By the time I put the new oiler ( if I can find one and a new carb kit I would have almost half a new saw bought. I took a look yesterday at a small Farm Boss 271 looks like it would work but not cheap.

Your dad has a 032 ? I live in southern part of the state. By the time I put the new oiler ( if I can find one and a new carb kit I would have almost half a new saw bought. I took a look yesterday at a small Farm Boss 271 looks like it would work but not cheap.[/QUOTE

He might have a 032 laying around but I said shop because he is a stihl dealer and he is one of those guys that always has inventory for the old saws. He took a look today and text me that it looks like he gave away the only one he had in stock to his neighbor a week or so again.

He did come to the same conclusion that you did - he said that saw has to be about 30 years old and might be time to pick up a new one.

He might have a 032 laying around but I said shop because he is a stihl dealer and he is one of those guys that always has inventory for the old saws. He took a look today and text me that it looks like he gave away the only one he had in stock to his neighbor a week or so again.

He did come to the same conclusion that you did - he said that saw has to be about 30 years old and might be time to pick up a new one.
May it rest in peace. Where's your dads shop ?

He is up in northern Oconto County. If you are in southern WI, that is a hike but thought he could mail out a oil pump cheap enough if he had one.

He is up in northern Oconto County. If you are in southern WI, that is a hike but thought he could mail out a oil pump cheap enough if he had one.
I'm all around the state