My kid is tired of LGBLT, climate change and social justice at school.

Bill

Administrator
And yes I know it's not a BLT :)

So my sons a freshman in high school, had to take a class called peace and justice. "I warned him what any thing with social or justice in academia meant".

Anyway he's been listening to this drivel for the entire year. For a final project the teacher assigned them a project to present something that benefits "or would" society.

I'm sure she was hoping for gay rights, planet warming, priusus's, pants up don't loot etc.

He said he was so tired of the politically correct nonsense he was going to do his project on "How Hunting Benefits Society" :D

I told him you may get a bad grade but do what you think you have to.

He wrote a paper, (haven't seen it). Put together a poster board for a science fair type presentation and made a video for his in class presentation.

I never saw the video until he had presented it. He made a few mistakes, and I would have advised against the ending plug. But here it is, and I'm proud he had the nads to stick it in their face, even if he doesn't get a good grade.

By the way this is north east school, not a mid western place. We're loaded up with Hillary stickers already.

What a project! I did the same things when I was in school too. It was the only way I could get interested in an assignment like that. The catch is that you have to have your ducks in a row and nail your presentation, because you won't get a positive boost from an anti-agenda topic.

I went to a university in the NE with an extremely liberal bent to it....I had one professor exclaim that hunting was no longer needed in the modern world. I wrote him a 9 pager on why his assertion was wrong....he gave me a B+...because the assignment was for a 3-5 page paper.

I also had a dooshy grad student TA running a BS 100 level writing course tell us on the first day of class that he would be taking a "decidedly leftist approach". He was a vegan....he wore leather Birkenstocks and rag wool socks so I called him out on it....got a good roar out of the other students on that.

Congrats to your kid for sticking to his guns and to you for doing a fine job raising him....we need more like him!

Tell your son he did a great job. You should be proud of him.

Great Video and a good message.

Hopefully his grade is based on content and not biased opinion.

Great Video. I really enjoyed it. I think it is very well done and I really like it. I have no issues with the QDMA plug at the end, the organization does a tremendous job of getting youth involved in our sport and it what we so preciously need.

I love how your son talked about the benefits of eating venison as they have a balanced diet rather than cows eating one thing, Corn corn corn... Look at where a deer lives and than look at where a cow lives. Over 70% of antibotics used in this country are used on animals to keep them healthy. Venison is antibiotic free, grass fed, organic, free range, hormone free, locally sourced, and about any other buzz word in food right now. I really enjoyed his presentation. grade A.

Congrats to the young man! Great presentation, especially given the fact he is a freshman. Good job on encouraging him to do what he felt was right and proper and damn the man! He is 100% correct in his view that this PC crap is out of hand and good for him that he took a stand for something he truly believes in. If he carries that attitude forward for the rest of his life, he will have a tool to becoming a successful adult that many kids lack nowadays. You should be damn proud of him for not bowing to the whims of the namby pamby, spineless turds that try to push their agenda at every turn and then are nowhere to be found when the $#!t hits the fan.

Reactions: Tap
Que the theme music......
Aaron Tippin's - You've got to stand for something!

Got to be proud of your kids when they stand up for what they believe in!

You have a right to be proud, Bill. I'm always impressed when someone has the conviction to stand for something that goes against the norm and makes a well founded, rational argument for their case.

Good job!! We need more like him!

My son is in eighth grade and has to listen how great Hillary and Obama both are...daily.

He and his classmates don't back down at all!

Bill, great job by your son and congrats to you for raising a fine one. I really enjoyed the video presentation.

Thanks for sharing.

My son is in eighth grade and has to listen how great Hillary and Obama both are...daily.

This is an unfortunate fact in todays society. These kids are fed a steady dose of this uber-liberal PC agenda from every angle. Unfortunately without parents and other influences actually showing them the other side of that "argument", many of them go through their whole lives believing it is the gospel truth and all others are wrong and bad people because they don't follow along like good little lib-sheeple. At best, some of them may figure it out on their own once they hit their late 20's or early 30's, but that is only if they have that voice of reason to counteract the daily liberal rhetoric they are fed in colleges and universities around this country.

This is an unfortunate fact in todays society. These kids are fed a steady dose of this uber-liberal PC agenda from every angle. Unfortunately without parents and other influences actually showing them the other side of that "argument", many of them go through their whole lives believing it is the gospel truth and all others are wrong and bad people because they don't follow along like good little lib-sheeple. At best, some of them may figure it out on their own once they hit their late 20's or early 30's, but that is only if they have that voice of reason to counteract the daily liberal rhetoric they are fed in colleges and universities around this country.

I'd say something but I coach FB for the local HS team and it would be a distraction if I did. Most of the kids in my son's class are actually conservative, so she is not getting anywhere with them. They chirp right back at her. "Where did the emails go"
"The White House didn't know about the IRS targeting?" It's kind of funny actually.

That is wonderful to read bwoods! Now if we could only wake up the adults like their teacher, we might get something accomplished!

My daughter was on some peer helping team/group at the high school.

After several liberal presentations that the instructor/counselor had lined up, she quit.
School administration is aware of why she quit. Several others have quit, also.

We had better get back to deer issues. We do not want to make John's job any harder than it is!

Thank you to everyone who responded. He's a good kid.

Congrats to your son on the great video!

Congrats to your son on the great video!

Thanks Scott!

But as for my last short post, No wait. Thanks everyone for encouraging my son. Cause I'm showing him this and it's nice to be able to point to more than Dad that is (old fashioned).

I could be way wrong but I think the big guy on the site doesn't want us to down other deer sites, doesn't want really bad language, doesn't want us fighting openly.

But I don't think theres to many BLT's around here to fight with. Probably not many vegans or PC people either. Wasn't selling anything so we're good there.

No one openly named a political party and I didn't say a word about church tomorrow.

Let's not loose who we are.

I was going
To say we don't have M.......... here whining. But I promised I wouldn't name him again.

Bill,

This is EXACTLY the kind of content we want here.... Keeping our country alive - if every kid had the perspective yours appears to have, we would be in a much better place. I don't mean his beliefs, I mean he is willing to stand for what he believes is right. And potentially suffer the consequences. Hopefully his teacher isn't too rough on him, he deserves an "A" on that assignment!

I can't wait until Jake gets the same opportunity, I'll be encouraging him to do the same thing!

-John

Reactions: Tap
Awesome thread and a great job done by your son!!! Maybe I missed it, but did he find out what grade he got for the project?