Mulberry cuttings

Rit

5 year old buck +
If I root cuttings from a mulberry tree will it be an exact clone of the parent tree? I have a mulberry at the entrance of my drive way that I cutback every year so we can see oncoming traffic and this things puts out crazy growth and still fruits most years.

I am looking to add more diversity to my destination orchard/plot and free trees are always good. I have black, white, and red mulberries naturally throughout my property so cuttings will be easy to obtain.

Yes, rooted cuttings are a clone of the tree you took the cuttings from.

Keep in mind that some mulberry root very easily and other varieties are extremely difficult to root.

"Rooted cuttings are a clone of the tree you took the cuttings from"; unless a mutation has occurred in the bud that produced the cutting.

I'm not familiar with mulberries, but mutations can be caused by frost damage to buds on apple trees. In apple trees the mutations are usually mild (and most mutations are never noticed). In nature most mutations are most likely to produce unviable offspring, slightly likely to produce viable but weakened offspring with undesirable traits, and very rarely to produce enhanced traits.

"Rooted cuttings are a clone of the tree you took the cuttings from"; unless a mutation has occurred in the bud that produced the cutting.

I'm not familiar with mulberries, but mutations can be caused by frost damage to buds on apple trees. In apple trees the mutations are usually mild (and most mutations are never noticed). In nature most mutations are most likely to produce unviable offspring, slightly likely to produce viable but weakened offspring with undesirable traits, and very rarely to produce enhanced traits.
That’s a lot to chew on. Even if the trees just become browse I am okay with that but if it fruits enough for wildlife that will be a bonus.