MN deer numbers down again.....

BuckSutherland

5 year old buck +
http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/sports/outdoors/4532171-minnesota-deer-harvest-down-wisconsin

This is getting down right ridiculous! Our DNR is the worlds biggest POS. We were all told about how many extra deer we have this year and harvest was gonna be up, blah, blah, blah. But alas, the famous wind, rain, and corn excuse gets used again. Just once I would like to hear one of these assholes come out and say the reason harvest is down is cause, "we went overboard on harvest for too many year, then we had horrible winters (2013 & 2014), and the wolves are having a hayday throughout all of NE MN. Quit blaming hunters for the lack of success! If there were deer here I assure you the Fudds would be blasting away. I talked to a lot of groups that had hunted hard and the results were awful. There is no corn in NE MN. The wind is always blowing somewhere. Quit serving us this giant shit sandwhich every f******g year!!!!!!!!!! It gets old. The DNR and the wolves are why our herd continues to suffer, and no you are seeing people leave the sport. Many are sick of hunting and not seeing a damn thing.

Not criticizing, just curious. How do you feel It should be handled? APR, Doe lottery, take a year of hunting off, No doe harvest? Again just wondering. My immediate area was shot out from liberal bonus tags for many years but is just getting to the point of being good again. If memory serves me, we went a year or two with no bonus tags, and now are only being aloud one bonus tag. (Years ago we could get 5 and then they went to 3 bonus tags before the herd collapsed in SOME areas)

I live in Minnesota, which I enjoy, certainly not for the deer hunting. We have the best habitat of almost any state, but our regulations are the worst. Gun season opened on November 3 (yes that is correct)--9 day season. Minnesota also issues too many doe tags in some areas, and should have a limit on buck tags in low population areas.

Hunting in Iowa is 10x better... 6% of Iowa is timber, not even close to what MN has, but they have a December gun season, it is that simple.

Wisconsin isn’t much better. Our gun season opens later which is nice, but the culture in this state is awful. Everyone likes shooting big bucks but no one wants to pass small ones to let em grow. We have a ton of small tract land owners who let everyone they know hunt their land. If you think MN has great habitat, look at an airial photo of WI! Iowa Dnr protect what they have by the late gun season and limiting out of staters. Could you imagine if they’d let anyone come buy non res tags? It be crap in 3 years!

Minnesota does not need to restrict NR hunters as few apply. Never seen or talked to a NR hunting in my county, ever.

Iowa, the public has hunters from MN, Michigan, Louisiana, Penn... you name it.

Agree with Bucky JR. The aerial of WI is 2nd to none.