Minimum Tractor Size for 3pt606nt

southboundfishing

Yearling... With promise
Would a 5065 be able to handle this drill?

The 3 pt hitch rating looks to be 3600 lbs. the drill is way lighter than that but, it’s still a lot of weight. Probably a lot depends on your terrain and how far to your fields . Mostly flat no problems but, if you have hills or uneven terrain than you may want to be careful

I'm using a 3p606nt on a M7060. Lift capacity is no problem but keeping the front end of the tractor on the ground is. I've got 1000lbs of weights hung over 12" off the front bumper and it works but I really should have more weight up there.

Keep in mind that lift capacities are at the hitch. The further out the implement weight is, the less that spec applies. PrairieShadow makes a good point. I have not used that drill or that tractor, but once when my tractor was in the shop, I borrowed a smaller tractor. Plenty of lift capacity for my drill but the front wheels were off the ground on even a slight slope. This tractor did not have a loader and I had to add front weights to use it.

Keep in mind that lift capacities are at the hitch. The further out the implement weight is, the less that spec applies. PrairieShadow makes a good point. I have not used that drill or that tractor, but once when my tractor was in the shop, I borrowed a smaller tractor. Plenty of lift capacity for my drill but the front wheels were off the ground on even a slight slope. This tractor did not have a loader and I had to add front weights to use it.
When I was looking at tractors it appeared that most companies were listing lift capacity at 24" Seemed like this was probably industry standard.

Just my 0.2

I'm using a 3p606nt on a M7060. Lift capacity is no problem but keeping the front end of the tractor on the ground is. I've got 1000lbs of weights hung over 12" off the front bumper and it works but I really should have more weight up there.

I use that drill on M6040 without any issue

My terrain is mostly flat

I went through the same anxieties when i got my drill ~1 year ago

bill

Not a problem!

When I was looking at tractors it appeared that most companies were listing lift capacity at 24" Seemed like this was probably industry standard.

Just my 0.2

Yes, I think that is standard. It is about the length of most lower arms. Most drills have significant weight behind that point.

Works fine on my mx5400

I run mine on a JD5400. It weighs close to 6000 lb, and you still know it's there, but handles it fine. I deal with some hills, even.