Marestail

Barndog56

5 year old buck +
Does it grow tall enough for a screen? Lol
20170619_180200.jpg

I'll be throw and mowing brassicas in this the first week of August. My options are to spray 2-4 D now, and then use Gly at planting time to kill off the crabgrass that will be there then. Or try to control the marestail by mowing until planting time.

Anybody know which will work better?

In my area, the only time you can stop MT by mowing is just a few days before the seed become viable. When you mow it earlier it adapts to the mowing and still manages to flower on a low stalk. But, if you continued to mow it really low several times, you might indeed stop it after a few times. It won't hurt anything letting it grow for a while. Just be sure to do something before it seeds. Best wishes.

You better kill while younger and you will have to use hot mix of 24D.I know some farmers that were using paraquat and it's some bad stuff.Innerline is another one that kills everything good.marestail and pigweed are the 2 worst weeds I think right now

Kill it now with hot 2,4-D
Maybe mix in some hot gly and deisel fuel (kidding). That stuff laughs at gly. It's becoming a problem around me. Think I'm going to liberty beans next year just because of it and pigweed.

It is my most problematic weed.

......and yes.......grows well over 6 ft tall!!!!!!!

bill

Just read that each plant can produce up to 200,000 seeds. Will be spraying it today!

It CAN grow plenty tall enough, however come fall/winter time you have a forest of sticks! So it can provide seasonal cover for deer. In my area gly just pisses it off - it laughs and grows twice as fast just to get even with you!

2-4D going to work quickly.
5655b21a255cddca1c0dd0fb3aca6774.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

It's probably just taking a power nap. I wish you luck. Post up a pic in a couple weeks.

10 days after spraying.

20170703_093713.jpg

Better go for the iron.