Love it when a plan comes together!

Jordan Selsor

5 year old buck +
I think I was about 14 when i planted my first food plot at my dads 214 acres which he
owns with several of my uncles. I Mowed a 1/8 acre patch with a push mower in a grown up woodland field. Push mower was never the same after that lol. I dragged a homemade harrow around with an atv for i think 8 hours straight! I had to shut the atv down occasionally because it kept getting HOT in the August heat. The plot looked like a ball field enfield when i was done. I remember the exact commercial food plot mix i planted. Biologic green patch plus purchased at wall mart. I seeded, fertilized and dragged just like i had learned by watching drury outdoors. Couldn’t wait to see it grow.
I returned to the farm on Labor Day weekend to check on the plots progress. This was a rare year that we actually had some good August rains. The plot came in sweet. It was already a uniform green from the oats and wheat in the biological mix. I couldn’t have been more happy and proud of my little plot! Labor Day was a holiday that brought many of my cousins and their friends to my dads farm. My older cousin and several of his stoner buddies got wasted and stoned on God knows what that Sat night and proceeded to do about a million donuts in my food plot. I had never been so pissed in my life! Several on my uncles made excuses for the bunch saying “they are from the city. They don’t know any better”. Well it felt like the end of the world at the time but looking back it was a blessing in disguise. Because It was that exact point in my life that i made my mind up. Come hell or high water i would own my own farm some day. And that happend. As many of you know it’s been awesome owning a piece of land to enjoy with my family. An Words cannot describe the feeling of accomplishment i got yesterday when after 4 years and 9 months of owning our 287 acres i drove to the bank and paid off the note. The bank i used is an hours drive from home and i couldnt help but think back on that day i discovered my donut destroyed food plot. Haha
Life is good:)
PS I no longer buy BOB seed lol
C279AAED-BA37-4769-B730-F0DC1C7FE873.jpeg

Last edited:
Congrats Jordan! Long term mortgages and loans is what keeps many from ever getting to the other side of the hill. You've done well.

Congrats Jordan! Long term mortgages and loans is what keeps many from ever getting to the other side of the hill. You've done well.
Thanks you bueller! 2 jobs an mowing lawns on my days off helped. Time to slow down a little bit now

AWESOME! What a great feeling that is...congrats to you!

CONGRATULATIONS Jordan!!!! You and your family will enjoy for a lot of years. Have been following your stories from the start.

Congrats Jordan. That's an awesome accomplishment and I'm sure some sacrifices along the way but nothing worth something of that magnitude is ever without it. Now reap your rewards.

Jordan ... I remember on the old site when you were nashing your teeth about these issues and about purchasing your own land. Well you did and even paid off the note early. No better felling in the world when after a lot of hard work & sacrifice, you own your own piece of heaven.

Congrats!

Jordan ... I remember on the old site when you were nashing your teeth about these issues and about purchasing your own land. Well you did and even paid off the note early. No better felling in the world when after a lot of hard work & sacrifice, you own your own piece of heaven.

Congrats!
Thank you Sir
My cousin an I laugh about this now... We have both grown up a bit since then:) one of us killed a few more brain cells than the other along the way!
I hadn’t told many people we got got it paid off because i don’t want to come across the wrong way. But i know many of you guys are like minded and have made similar goals and sacrifices and would understand the gratification my wife an I are feeling!

Jordan, this post made my day. And I completely understand it all. A big congratulations to you.

Jordan,

Congrats on the farm and I suppose congrats on not killing the cousins and their buddies. You are better man than I because I probably would have shot holes in their vehicles the next day. Moving on, I can relate in 1998 I was content on hunting on property owned by others (friend) and some family. I was 7 years into a new career and not a lot of extra money - actually none. I killed the largest buck on both properties that year and everyone was pissed. Well I was the only one that took hunting serious - never could figure why they were mad. I made up my mind to make some more money and find some land. Four years later I was in the land business :). You will not regret it. Congrats again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats, Jordan !!! Goals met. Anything worth having takes work. For most of us, I think, the work is what makes it sweeter. Enjoy with your family !!

Congratulations! Paying off your property is a great feeling.

Congrats man! It’s amazing how much different it feels when you own it free and clear...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn. 4 years. I'll be paying on my 25 acres for a lot longer than that. Congratulations. You're proving the American dream does still exist.

Congrats Jordan! That's quite an accomplishment.

Very nice! Congradulations.

You're to young to slow down, I say buy another and keep it going that way there's a farm for each kid.
Seriously though you should proud of the accomplishment.

Congrats for sure!