long trip vehicle check list

Nova

5 year old buck +
On Saturday we take off for a week long trip to Manitoba goose hunting, about 1500 miles round trip. Taking the F350 diesel pickup and for some reason I am more worried about things going wrong this year. Here is my vehicle check list so far, what am I missing?
Tires rotated and pressure good(including spare)
Full DEF tank with gallon spare
Oil level good, changed 1500 miles ago
brakes good
2 quart of Howe’s fuel treatment behind seat
1 bottle 911 fuel deicer behind seat
Air cleaner good
Fuel filters changed 5,000 miles ago(both upper and lower)
Wipers good, one spare behind seat
Tranny fluid changed 14,000 miles ago

On long trips with a 6.7, always carry tools to drain water from the fuel filter. If that water in fuel light comes on, and you dont drain in right away, it can get very costly in a hurry!

Phone numbers to the nearest Chevy dealers along the way to tow you in for repairs.

Pretzels, cigarettes, powerade, water, and venison sticks.

Wiper fluid. I always run out in then get into snow and ice. It's a bit early but....

Coolant

Wiper fluid. I always run out in then get into snow and ice. It's a bit early but....
Good call, they got 5 inches of snow Saturday and more next week!

fire extinguisher
road flares
tow rope or chains
ice scraper
check your spare tire
grab a floor jack
extra trailer to haul back all the legal pot you can grab ;)

give a spare set of keys to your co-captain in case you lose yours or lock them in the vehicle.

give a spare set of keys to your co-captain in case you lose yours or lock them in the vehicle.
thought of that this morning, they got put right in the counsel. I have a key pad on the door so they don't get locked in, but can still get lost.

I always hide some cash when I'm on a road trip also. Loose a wallet or get robbed and it's nice to at least be able to buy gas to get home.

Cash? What is that? Was that that paper stuff the kids take from me the second I get some? Toss a spare credit card in your truck, incase of a lost wallet. Plus depending on how far north you are going, they look at you pretty strange when your money is all the same color, and size, and have no idea on how to convert it.

i always take a few extra medications like blood pressure and throw them in my pick up. Just in case my stuff gets lost or stolen or possibly destroyed. I always have extra.

But I am an odd duck and I have a huge bug-out bag with tons of weird things in it. I know that if I grab it i can survive the zombie acpocolypse. kidding, but just in case of natural disaster or something. I am not a prepper but more of a just in case. Who knows if that day will come but if it does, I have a bug-out bag ready.

oh... I travel A LOT make sure to check with your cell phone carrier on international charges.

Throw in your bug out bag in case the BIG ONE hits while you are gone and you have to get home on foot. If an EMP bomb goes off, your vehicle will quit running and you will be hoofing it. Good luck.

I would rather have an ounce of prevention rather than a pound of cure. I have seen too many stupid things happen in my life and I hope I never use it. But the reason I did it was to safeguard my family. I would hope everyone has some sort of plan just in case, mine just involves a bag that if I can grab it great, if not, I am not going home for it. If you don't have a plan, then I say back. GOOD LUCK.

I would rather have an ounce of prevention rather than a pound of cure. I have seen too many stupid things happen in my life and I hope I never use it. But the reason I did it was to safeguard my family. I would hope everyone has some sort of plan just in case, mine just involves a bag that if I can grab it great, if not, I am not going home for it. If you don't have a plan, then I say back. GOOD LUCK.

I'm not a prepper either. But my wife does look at me odd when I cook some spam or canned chicken or canned anything that’s getting ready to expire.

I like to have enough preserved goods and water on hand to last a few weeks. Not end of the world stuff. But talk to people on the east coast that went through storm Sandy. Weeks of empty super markets got old quick.

Spam ain’t making the what’s for dinner thread but it beats an empty stomach...

And trust me if you slice it and fry it to a Golden Brown it’s not bad on toast with mustard. :)

Take jumper cables or a booster box. Duct tape is invaluable. Some cable ties. Couple basic tools etc. a road trip is not somewhere to be stranded. In my truck at all times I have quite a bit of stuff. Tire plug kit. Small travel compressor etc. if Im gonna get stuck it’s a major breakdown which I try and avoid by over maintaining my vehicles

Shotgun and some shells and you should be good to go :)

Shotgun and some shells and you should be good to go :)
Oh crap, almost forgot that stuff:emoji_rolling_eyes:

How old are your batteries? If you can plug in you can add a trickle charger using a multi-plug. Put the charger on one battery will charge both. I have mine wired in permanently as my truck sits unused most of the winter.

I always have a full tool box in the truck. The other recommendations are good.