Let one fly…

Someday isle

5 year old buck +
Okay, I admit I thought it was a doe. It was my fourth sit of the year and this is the first deer I’ve seen. I thought it was a yearling doe but it was a button buck. He’ll be plenty tasty just the same.

I was using a Grim reaper whitetail special. Complete pass though. No blood trail for about thirty yards then He started to bleed pretty good. Shot was a little high and slight quartering away. Caught him in the liver and high lungs. He went about 70 yards.

It’s an interesting broadhead. Second deer I’ve taken with one. Small entry but huge exit hole. I think I still prefer my Slick Trick Magnums but the Reaper still does the trick. No complaints on a dead deer. 5F6C1FB4-D7BD-4886-A8B4-A0F01019ADBA.jpeg2B7F6B7A-861A-4EE4-9CCD-617B480A50FE.jpeg

I've been using grim reapers for a few seasons now. They have produced incredible blood trails for me thus the reason I've stuck with them.
Looks like great freezer fare!

tasty indeed. Everyone who shoots yearlings. (I prefer them for table fare) has made that mistake.

Hope long are your arrows? Either is it's an optical thing or you have a long draw.

Nice shot SI ... we have all been there :emoji_wink:

Hope long are your arrows? Either is it's an optical thing or you have a long draw.
Might be a little bit of an illusion but Im 6’4”, 180 lbs with longer than average arms for my height. My Matthews Vertix is set at a max draw length with an extended D loop to get me to 32”. At 65 lbs draw weight and a 447 grain arrow I’m getting 288 fps according to my chronograph. It’s plenty of ft lbs of energy for a whitetail for sure. It’s good to be tall - unless you’re getting fitted for clothes or buying a bow LOL.