Leaf burn thread

Maya

5 year old buck +
There was a thread that someone posted about an apple trees showing a leaf burn on the edges on the leaves, but I can't find the thread. Anyways I had an apple seminar yesterday and part of it was a talk on nutrition that was given by a professor from UCONN. She was talking about potassium deficiency and had some photo's showing the results. Same kind of leaf burn. I'm reasonably certain that was your problem. A soil test and a leaf analysis will probably pinpoint the exact reason why. Could be several reasons why the the tree has this deficiency.

Good info as usual Maya. I know I have had that issue in the past. I found in my case it is environmental stress, namely the first hot windy days. Just like setting those trees in front of a blast furnace. My trees always grow out of it so in my case I am fairly confident that it is the environmental stress.

TC, she mentioned that certain factors like lack of water, would cause lack of uptake of K to the tree. I'd imagine hot windy would do it. Good luck with the nursery this year!