Landscape rake 3 point

Northbound

5 year old buck +
Anyone have one? How useful do you find it? Can you de thatch lawn with it or to aggressive? Looks real handy to clean up fire breaks before burning

I have one but use it very little. I got it primarily to remove rocks from a garden - but I was unsuccessful with that. It tends to dig into the dirt - I would be scared to try to dethatch a lawn.

I use mine on my gravel driveway after it rains. Works great. I've also used it for clean-up on various projects and like it.

SwampCat is right, it likes to dig if you aren't careful. If you are just trying to "scrape" a little, you can spin it 180 degrees so the teeth are pointing backwards. Scratches the surface but doesn't pick anything up.

-John

I have used mine to pull rocks from a field. Reversing it, can push rocks off of the field. I have used it to establish and maintain trails. Changing the angle can move dirt from the high side to level trails. Pulled, pushed limbs off of fields after tree cutting. Dragged out grass from fields to clear and prepare for planting. Tines can get plugged with debris. I have used it to clear snow from my driveway. Adjust the length of the top link to make the rake more or less aggressive.

It is not really a dethatcher. The tines on mine are much too wide. It was an el-cheep-o from TSC that got stuck on a root and bent quickly. It just sits there and takes up space now.

Thanks,

jack

Thanks for input, just noticed how light one seemed at TSC and had me thinking maybe with a real short top link I could speed up the lawn detaching, wish I could find something a little wider than I currently use [48"]

I got a pine straw rake and it works just fine for moving thatch after brush hogging firebreaks but I usually use a old hay rake.I did have to change the 3pt mounts for my quick hitch and you have to put together.I got mine from one of the attachment places

I got a landpride landscape rake and it doesnt come off my tractor till winter. Such a handy attachment.

It is not really a dethatcher. The tines on mine are much too wide. It was an el-cheep-o from TSC that got stuck on a root and bent quickly. It just sits there and takes up space now.

Thanks,

jack

Jack,

Drop it in ~ 6ft deep water in pond/lake for structure/cover for fish

Think of it as edge feathering.........

bill

Jack,

Drop it in ~ 6ft deep water in pond/lake for structure/cover for fish

Think of it as edge feathering.........

bill
I'm actually considering using some of the tines to affix in front of the openers on my kasco 4' no-till drill to help it deal with debris.