Knife build thread for the trail cam Best of the Best Contest Prize.

tooln

5 year old buck +
I've been contacted by Bill to build a knife. It will be given away to the winner of the BEST of the BEST trail cam pics. I have been given complete control on this build. I haven't come up with a design for this knife but will come up with something. I will however be open to suggestions, so you never know, you could be helping to design the winners knife and it may just be you. I will post pics and or videos of this build so stay tuned. I will not be entering this contest or be any part of the judging. Post them up guys, you may just win yourself a custom made knife.

Last edited:
I'd be happy just to get a buck on camera the way things are going right now. For now I'll take catching a trespasser on cell camera four days straight. I called the game warden on the fourth day after setting the camera to send pictures right away. The fine is ridiculously low so the game warden made him at least show up for a hearing. Hes from a couple hours south and failed to show. I'm trying to figure out what happens now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220420-091933_SPYPOINT.jpg
    Screenshot_20220420-091933_SPYPOINT.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 98
A warrant for no show should be issued.if there is and the local department doesn't contact the locals LEO where he lives might be worth letting them know

I'd be happy just to get a buck on camera the way things are going right now. For now I'll take catching a trespasser on cell camera four days straight. I called the game warden on the fourth day after setting the camera to send pictures right away. The fine is ridiculously low so the game warden made him at least show up for a hearing. Hes from a couple hours south and failed to show. I'm trying to figure out what happens now.
A trail cam pic is a trail cam pic. Here's an old one I had of a kid (one of several) who trespassed on my land when I had it. The kids father had the balls to ask me where I had cameras set up because its against their religion to be photographed. That conversation went south in a big hurry. treaspasser.jpg

Don't forget to post your pics in the monthly contest thread.

I will however be open to suggestions
Might not make the prettiest knife, but for skinning and boning, I like boning knives.

A trail cam pic is a trail cam pic. Here's an old one I had of a kid (one of several) who trespassed on my land when I had it. The kids father had the balls to ask me where I had cameras set up because its against their religion to be photographed. That conversation went south in a big hurry. View attachment 45048
“Everywhere. And it’s against my religion to trespass”

cd2b969bd5c0e71c398cdb4afc73d545.jpg

One of my favorites

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you zoom in there is a Fisher in the hollow log hiding from the bear that just came in.

Attachments

• 1463014858.jpg
    1463014858.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 72
Just to be clear this isn’t the trail cam contest thread. This is about the knife being built for the year end winner..

Just to be clear this isn’t the trail cam contest thread. This is about the knife being built for the year end winner..
LOL!!!! Thats what I thought....

I'm not really a "knife guy" but this is a cheap one I use a lot in the kitchen and find this type of blade useful in processing game meat.

Attachments

• C118B727-8B57-4E62-9AC1-37B7374F10BC.jpeg
    C118B727-8B57-4E62-9AC1-37B7374F10BC.jpeg
    696.3 KB · Views: 46
Well here's what it's going to look like. Keep in mind I can't draw worth a damn. Kind of a cross between a skinner and boning blade. It will be made from 1095 high carbon steel. I'm not certain on handle material yet but leaning towards a nice hardwood. Lately white oak has been one of my favorites as it finishes with a really nice grain. But I do have several others in my stash. Stay tuned and don't forget to enter in the monthly trail cam contest thread. https://habitat-talk.com/threads/habitat-talks-august-2022-trail-cam-contest.14792/#post-288765 20220811_145454.jpg

Last edited:
a16abb9af7787189b1e50ffa45784793.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well here's what it's going to look like. Keep in mind I can't draw worth a damn. Kind of a cross between a skinner and boning blade. It will be made from 1095 high carbon steel. I'm not certain on handle material yet but leaning towards a nice hardwood. Lately white oak has been one of my favorites as it finishes with a really nice grain. But I do have several others in my stash. Stay tuned and don't forget to enter in the monthly trail cam contest thread. https://habitat-talk.com/threads/habitat-talks-august-2022-trail-cam-contest.14792/#post-288765 View attachment 45195

I like it! Maybe an antler handle?

Sorry this ones getting white oak. It's going to look really nice. I laid out several and liked the looks of it compared to walnut, hickory, red oak, mahogany or cherry.

Sorry this ones getting white oak. It's going to look really nice. I laid out several and liked the looks of it compared to walnut, hickory, red oak, mahogany or cherry.
How about a bear foot handle? You can come to my place and stack as many as you want!