Kind of berry tree/shrub?

H20fwler

5 year old buck +
03trgJJ.jpg

Is it elderberry?

It doesn’t really look like elderberry to me. The leaves scream dogwood but I’m not sure which ones you have where you live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not elder, elder leaves have serrated margins and are opposite and compound.

I found an app called "picture this" You take a picture of a plant and it identifies it. I have found it to be pretty accurate. Maybe not 100% but close. https://www.picturethisai.com/

I may have just posted the same shrub.

Thanks!

You're welcome. It is obviously 100% a dogwood, and I said Gray based on the shape of the berry clusters and the leaf shape. However, both of those can be deceiving in pictures, so even though 100% sure on dogwood, not totally sure on the Gray. The berries this fall will help to ID for sure, and seeing the flowers helps too.

You're welcome. It is obviously 100% a dogwood, and I said Gray based on the shape of the berry clusters and the leaf shape. However, both of those can be deceiving in pictures, so even though 100% sure on dogwood, not totally sure on the Gray. The berries this fall will help to ID for sure, and seeing the flowers helps too.

We have gray/silky/red osier that grow in the area but until the last few years I honestly really never paid close attention to them. After getting the habitat bug and planting so many different things and working to improve the land I seem to see the plants in a completely different way now and anything with nuts berries fruit or flowers catches my eye immediately.
We have planted all three of those varieties along with elderberry in the shrub strips at the other farm but they aren't old enough to have fruited or flowered yet. The one in the pic is growing with a few others along the edge of the little woods and are maybe around ten to twelve feet tall, there are some hawthorns growing right beside them.