Kerr and chestnut crab source.

If you're not too far north, Goldrush is a great late-hanger. Zone 3 and 4 probably won't ripen Goldrush as it needs more time - longer growing season - to ripen properly. My camp is on the border of zones 5 & 6 and Goldrush does well for us there. November and December dropper. Violi's Hanging crab from SLN is a good crab that hangs on for a while. Also from SLN is All-Winter-Hangover and Winter Wildlife crabs. They do great for us at camp !! Just a couple ideas that may work for you.

x2 on the Goldrush, mine was still holding last weekend.

I'm in zone 4b (Central Wisconsin) and have a Goldrush on B.118 rootstock along with other DR varieties ordered from Cummins. My question is it hardy enough to survive our harsh winters? I do realize that it may not fully ripen depending on the growing season.

Mine has done fine in Marquette county. Going on 7th leaf on MM.111. As stated above still hanging as of last weekend. They taste great too.

2/21/2016
IMG_0102.JPG

Last edited:
I have 3 Goldrush planted at camp and we had our first fruit this past year. Only a 3rd leaf tree, but I left a couple hang on it just to try. Very tasty apple !! This year I'll snip off the apples to get max growth on the tree. I'm hoping to get first fruit on Enterprise and Liberty this year. Anxious to get a taste of them !!