Jung Seed Company Rootstock

Buffalohunter1

A good 3 year old buck
I did some checking to find out what rootstock Jung’s was using for their Apple tree’s. I called the customer service line and they told me that their Stanard trees were grafted on B.118, Semi-dwarf are on M7, and Dwarf was on Bud 9. They offer a fair selection of Standard fruit trees varieties such as Honey Crisp, Northwest Greening, Haralson, Wolf River, Prairie Magic to name a few. I’ve planted their trees in the past and have had good success.

My dad planted 2 of their standards in Liberty, they are very nice trees. They have been in the ground a few years and are doing extremely well.

Firecracker from them has done well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never looked at Jung's for trees before - - but good to know. Thanks for posting.

I have a Jung's garden center a half hour away from me. The bareroot section at the store has 6-8 foot tall bareroot trees to choose from. An easy way to get a quick jump on fruit bearing.

Every year they also have a bunch of 'deer apple' trees. These are ones the variety tags have fallen off of, and are half price.

A Jung outlet just opened by me and my wife said they have lots of apple trees. I’ll have to take a trip over to see what they have. Everyone’s trees from Jung still going good?

They are quality trees and seem to do well.

I’ve gotten a few trees from them over the years. They have been nice trees and have done ok. My favorite tree is probably a WI hardy pear. It was on standard rootstock, but I don’t see it in the catalog anymore besides dwarf. It has good disease resistance and flavor. It is a little more gritty than other pears, but they can well. Good annual producer.