John Deere Van Brundt grain drill

ACCMan

5 year old buck +
I found one, 6 ', grain and fertilizer boxes are great, no small seed box. It is complete and has been barn stored. It is double disc, all seed tubes are intact and stored in the seed box. All of the covering chains are with the machine. What can you tell me about it, the good and the bad? What is it worth? Anyone ever converted one to a 3 pt hitch?

Reactions: don
I have one that I pull behind my ATV and love it. I have the seed box no fert box and it’s very heavy. You can do a internet search and find the old seed rate tables. The guy I bought mine from also converts them into 3 points also.

Restored 6 fters cut down from bigger ones go for about $1000. One I know about was configured with grain and small seed box though not the fertilizer one. Pull type with the rope you pull on to cam up and down for run position. Work best in fluffed up soil. The drag chains with rings are ok for covering up the seed but nothing 100%.

He is asking $1000 for the drill, needs a set of tires. I would still cultipack after drilling.

Good price I even do a poor mans no till with mine. Yes cultipacker after planting

I would say it is a good price if in good condition.

I sold this one for $1,800 3 years ago. It didn't have a fertilizer box but I wouldn't want one on a drill anyway. It had both large and small seed boxes.DSC03769.jpgDSC03770.jpgDSC03771.jpg

Its not in that good of condition, and like you I would rather have the small seed box than fert box. 00u0u_1cr38j3UNO0_600x450.jpg00T0T_a3j9DcG3Xjr_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
These planters are getting harder to find and the prices are going up accordingly even in bad shape

For those in NE WI there are a half doz rebuilt cut down units sitting alongside the road off Hwy 41 just N of where Hwy 41 and 141 split. Corner of Huebscher Rd and Hwy 41 just across the hwy from Shell station. Must be a business for someone. You can zoom in with google maps and see the same fenced in area with a bunch sitting there from several yrs ago.

Ya I have seen them. I also see them bring them to a guy I bought mine from to straighten out the problems later

There is a guy outside Atlanta doing the same thing, getting $2700 for a 6' drill. New paint really looks good. I will probably go look at this drill and see how much of the mechanism is frozen.