I've seen worse deals. 98 acres SW Wisconsin

B

BJE80

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/for/4899936281.html

$2857/acre but you have to figure the cabin as well into that. Seems to be in good locatoin to the Ag fields. It would be one I would at least look at if I was in the market.

With that listed in Milwaukee and probably the Chicago CL as well, it won't last to long at that price. This place is also smack in the middle of some of the best turkey hunting and trout fishing in the Midwest, if not the country. They could have likely asked $350,000 if they were willing to sit on it until next summer, someone will have scooped this up even at that price by fall. Only drawback is it is on the edge of the CWD Zone, about 40 miles from the nearest positive.

We would be neighbors. As the crow flies, my place is probably 2 miles from this one. Wildcat Mt state park has miles of horse trails and don't forget canoeing the Kickapoo. I would recommend it. I love it here!

That is one of, if not the most scenic areas of the state. I love that area around Ontario. Should be a pretty reasonable drive for you whip ;)
Almost exactly 1 hour stu. Scr#w canoeing on the Kickapoo, I would be fishing those hog browns! Billings Creek that runs right in front of this property isn't bad either if you want to get some for the grill.

How is the deer pop in this area? I would be a little concerend about CWD near as well. That is one nice thing about being prettty far up north.

I see lots of deer feeding in the alfalfa fields in the spring and summer while trout fishing down that way, seems like the population is doing well. I think proximity to CWD might be the only thing keeping this place from being priced much higher than it is now.