Is this what I think it is?

B

BJE80

Gulp.... What am I looking at here boys. Is it FB?

image_zpscuk11kxg.jpg

image_zps5cclq31g.jpg

image_zpsilby7tya.jpg

No I dont think so. Hail or high wind damage (flexing of the trunk or limb). I had a bunch of it last spring that appeared after a major storm. I can still see marks/ wounds like that on some trees.

Ok thanks. That is good to hear. So what do I do? Just watch, hope and pray?

Ok thanks. That is good to hear. So what do I do? Just watch, hope and pray?
I did nothing with mine. I guess if it doesnt seem to heal and that limb lags behind I would just remove that limb when dormant.

Keep an eye on those wounds for points of disease entry.

Keep an eye on those wounds for points of disease entry.

That is what I was thinking too. Is there anything you can put on it to help the tree out?

That is what I was thinking too. Is there anything you can put on it to help the tree out?
I'm definitely not the guy to ask, but everything points to leaving them be and letting them heal on their own, just be mindful of the trees that are affected and monitor the wounds.

EDIT: What stu said^^^

Trees are tough they will take care of the problem and FB isn't always a death sentence and it was really bad this year in the northeast apparently Wow is that what I think it is ? The price of that tree at 42 bucks. That is highway robbery omg

Trees are tough they will take care of the problem and FB isn't always a death sentence and it was really bad this year in the northeast apparently Wow is that what I think it is ? The price of that tree at 42 bucks. That is highway robbery omg

The discount it off that price quite a bit yet.